PDA

View Full Version : How would i do the contract/paperwork ??

xgemx
21-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Just waiting for my certificate to come through and a friend has asked once it does until i get a full time child to mind would i help her out with her son as she some time works from home and would like me to mind him for 2-3 hours every so often not a set amount of time or day, which im happy to do as she knows if another child comes along she would have to work around when i could have her son for a couple of hours if that makes sense so its extra money, how would i do the paper work and contract etc Can i just have a general contract or does it have to say the amount of hours-days etc that i will be having her son ??
Also for the eyfs how would i keep his records ??

Thank you for reading

blue bear
21-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I have an adhoc holiday cover lo, used to mInd her but she moved and goes to pre school full time term time only.
On the contract I wrote ' this is an as and when contract so hours are variable'. I then get mum to fill in a booking form each time she wants me and file it with the contract.
I write up observations, put photos and pictures etc in her daily diary and don't do a learning journal as sometimes it's only 3 or 4 days in 6 months and I can't really be linking next steps when it's so random.

xgemx
22-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Thank you for your reply it makes sense now

miffy
22-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd also stipulate that the hours are paid for at the time of booking just so you both know where you stand.

Miffy xx