PDA

View Full Version : Ill parent

nipper
21-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Mindee's mum rang at 6.30am to say that she was ill, and not going to work, what to do? I said leave him in bed and if she wanted, I would collect him on way to school as I was walking my two. Felt I had to do my bit, as she's single.
I am collecting him as usual after school and am due to have him until 8pm, but I suspect she might want to collect him sooner. Although she has paid up front for this month, am I still right to charge her full whack if she chooses to collect him earlier (i.e. not knock any money off next month's bill?). Have a feeling I might need to walk him down to their house tonight, as she really did look rough this morning.
Thanks for any advice,
Emma

AliceK
21-09-2011, 01:37 PM
If a parent chooses to collect a child early thats up to them. I am still available to work the contracted hours so I would not knock money off.

xxxx

murphy61
21-09-2011, 01:37 PM
yes you would be right to still charge as normal even if he goes home early, you are available and willing to work even arrange to collect and take home if neccesary.

I would still charge as i'm sure would many others.

minkzebell
21-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Definately still charge full fees, you are available for childcare but she is choosing not to use you:thumbsup:

blue bear
21-09-2011, 04:15 PM
I charge full if they do not come whatever the reason unless I am closed, otherwise parents could be I'll, having granny visit etc when ever they are short of cash and you end up out of pocket and unable to pay your bills.

The Juggler
21-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I agree with the others, especially as you are doing her a favour and picking up and dropping off:thumbsup:

karen m
21-09-2011, 04:55 PM
The only time i do not charge is when i am unable to work

miffy
21-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree with the others, especially as you are doing her a favour and picking up and dropping off:thumbsup:

I agree with this.

As you've done her a favour collecting and dropping off she shouldn't quibble the bill.

Miffy xx

sarah707
21-09-2011, 05:00 PM
You need to refer back to your fees policy first of all as it depends on what you have agreed with the parents.

If your fees policy says you refund then that's what you need to do.

Hth :D

mandy moo
21-09-2011, 05:58 PM
As Sarah say's
what does it say in your contract ?
mine says if, unfortunatley, that the parent is ill and can not bring said child, they still pay full fees, etc etc
However if Im ill, or my own children are, and I need to take time off/cannot take their child, then no fee.