PDA

View Full Version : Active kids trees

JCrakers
21-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Just got a letter in the post to say that Active kids are working with woodland trust and I am going to recieve 30 trees to plant in my setting....

NIce idea...but where am I going to plant 30 trees? :laughing:
Do you think I could donate them

Becky

Mouse
21-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I had the trees last year & imagined I was going to get 30 ginormous trees turn up on my doorstep :laughing:

As it was, they're just like twigs when they arrive, so nothing unmanageable. I put some in my garden along the fence and gave the rest to school for their nature area. They were very pleased to receive them :thumbsup:

JCrakers
21-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Thats what I imagined at first but i looked online and saw some pics... :D

My garden isnt big enough really (newish house) and not designed for trees so I might give them to the school if they want them. I have two trees against the back fence but the neighbour over the fence whose house is very close moans about them so I have to keep them trimmed (which is a pain, as I have to get up a ladder...lol)

Becky

marnieb
21-09-2011, 02:37 PM
yes, I just had heart failure when I opened the letter to find out I was getting 30 trees!!!!!!!!! :eek:

but great idea about giving them to the school!

Mookins
21-09-2011, 02:47 PM
hahaha ive got the same letter today.... xx

heidicat
21-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I got it too! Looks like my kids school is going to have a small forest planted up for them in November. Assuming they want them, cos I'm not sure what I'll do with 30 otherwise! :panic:

BuggsieMoo
21-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Snap - me to! Garden is big enough - but 30 trees!

School are having them for their eco area. x

miffy
21-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I got them last year too - have planted a few in the garden and the rest in the little wood behind our house.

Decided not to ask for any this year.

Miffy xx

Flisspaps
22-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm getting them but have an enormous garden so have lots of space. Am very excited about them coming, we already have an established Damson tree that we've had lots of fruit off this year :D

I thought you had to request them though (via a tick box at the bottom of your order form) and the information on the Woodland Trust site relating to Active Kids did say that it was for a pack of 30 'edible' trees :)

georgie456
22-09-2011, 04:52 PM
We're keeping one tree and the rest are being donated to the school. I hoping it get me a little free advertising in their next parent letter!!!

JCrakers
23-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I didnt request them...or dont remember doing so... :D

Im giving them to the school that all the children I look after go to. Im keeping one for the front garden

Becky

justdaz
23-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi, a childminding friend of mine recieved these last year. A group of us along with mindees went along and planted them at the local nature reserve. This reserve is used for educational purposes for the local schools. We have been back a number of times to check on their progress.
All the children loved the whole process.:thumbsup:

Natternic
23-09-2011, 03:48 PM
We're keeping one tree and the rest are being donated to the school. I hoping it get me a little free advertising in their next parent letter!!!

lol I LIke this idea