PDA

View Full Version : while I'm on here...

Helen Dempster
20-09-2011, 09:33 PM
...how do you experienced 'minders cope with noise levels? After school gets sooooooooo noisy in my house, I'm sure a 747 makes less noise, and by the time they all get picked up, my head is literally pounding!!! I was thinking of making some kind of noise chart - do any of you have a strategy to keeping it down slightly - before I go completely deaf! lol

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Oh now that would explain why lately im having trouble with my ears

I think I went deaf years ago ha ha :laughing:

I know what you mean though - one of my little boys makes more noise than half a dozen, he shouts and screams at everything and that's when he is in a good mood :laughing:

I do encourage them not to shout at each other but it does not always work

Angel xx

miffy
21-09-2011, 07:00 AM
We use quiet voices indoors! (oh and I am a bit deaf! :D )

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
21-09-2011, 07:57 AM
I encourge no screaming and lower voices so they don't frighten the little ones. I also remind them that they are not alloed to behave in theis way in school and we do not do it in my house!

singingcactus
21-09-2011, 08:30 AM
If it gets too loud here I turn the music up full blast! Gives them an idea of how loud they sound to me :D and they quieten for a time.

JCrakers
21-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I ask them to quieten down...no shouting or screaming inside or in the garden as I dont want the neighbours complaining.... :D
Weve got a park next to the house so we often go there to make all the noise we want

It can get a bit out of hand if I dont constantly monitor as all the after school chilren are boys :rolleyes:

The Juggler
21-09-2011, 12:43 PM
my tolerance to noise has gone way up now however, I'm a stickler when the kids are sitting eating if they are getting to hysteria levels.:laughing:

ORKSIE
21-09-2011, 12:46 PM
We use " little voices" inside and as much noise as you want outside:) (well within reason):thumbsup:

xx

Daisy1956
21-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I think they don't always notice how loud they are especially if they are playing together, I just remind them about our quiet indoor voices. If that fails I raise my arms then lower them slowly, they know to lower their voices and yes I probably look daft doing it but it works.