PDA

View Full Version : Sand pits

Banana
11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Have been looking to get a sand and water play table and tesco have one at under £20.

Just wondered if anybody had it and if its any good - just worried it looked a bit small from what I can make out but could be wrong. Just thought it was a really good price

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-0112.aspx

x

Gherkin
11-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I've got one from ELC but am using that for water only and a Shallow Tub Trug which cost £7.99 for the sand.

If you tap Tub Trug into google you should find the site and I know I have posted about it further down somewhere.

Sory not much hel on the Tesco one!:blush:

berkschick
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I got this one last week and I am very pleased with it.

It isnt massive tbh but the sections list out which is great if you have a baby that wants to join in too.

The lid is a great bonus too. I had one with a fabric lid and it shrunk lol

I had a £5 off code if you spent over £20 so I added a bag of sand and saved £5. I will see if I still have the code if you interested.

louise
11-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I've got one similar to the elc with a removeable cover. How sturdy is the lid? Knowing my son he would lean on them and brake them off. I love the removerable trays. I hate the water and sand mixing. They are also tight for room now they try to make more things.

I have been wondering about getting a the old big shell type ones. I saw a apple shaped one in argos but i think my son will try and sit on the edge and it might tip up.

Lou

tomthumb
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't know about the Tesco one but I have the one from Argos at £20 and it is quite big, but it is round and only has 2 parts. Legs are hollow as well so not sure this is going to last very long. I like the fact that it has 4 separate holes round it where you can put your bucket or digging stuffs. At the moment we are doing minibeasts so I have put minibeasts in the holes and the children enjoy it.
Hope it helps making your decision.

miffy
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I've an old elc one for sand but its not on legs

I'd like one with legs but just for water

I know I'm a meanie but I can't stand the idea of the mindees mixing up all the sand with water - don't mind a bit but not the whole lot

miffy xx

crazybones
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I went with Sarahs cat litter tray idea and it works great. I have one for water and one for sand but I am too mean to let them have both at the same time.

I would love this one for William though

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-1652.aspx

John
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
When i started childminding i used a babies Bath tub what i got given from sisster a nice size pop on table and children played. Now i've got a water and sand tray that i got off ebay.

John.

Banana
12-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the comments/ideas peeps!!!

Im glad to hear its not too small Debbie - I may have to get it. If you do have a code then I'd be greatful for it - have searched the web for a discount code but cant find anything!! (apparently tesco are tightening up on discounts! the meanies!)

Im going to have a look around a bit more but think it would probably do the job!

Thanks all and in the meantime if anyone has seen a better bargain on sand/water tables then please let me know!!

xxx

samgeordie
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
i bought one that looks very similar from toys r us, its big enough for 2 children to play with and the lid is great as when it folds out it can have things put on it.

I bought playsand in instore(poundstretcher) for £2.29, & only need half a bag to fill both trays.