PDA

View Full Version : What age for 1 nap a day?

mgtrem
19-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Just wondering when your little ones/mindees went from 2 naps a day to 1 nap a day.

My little one is 16 months and still very much in need of his morning (1hr) and afternoon (1.5hr) naps. (and he sleeps 11.5hrs at night!!)

Mindee is 15 mths and his mum has decided to drop down to 1 nap a day after lunch.

Just interested to see what others of this age are doing sleep wise

xxx

rickysmiths
19-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I would say it depends on the children. I have a 13mth old and a 17mth old. I have had one from 5mths and the other from 2 months. They both seem to vary. they dropped 2 sleeps in about May but then in Aug both of them were asleep by 9.15-9.30am! would sleep for 1-1.5 hrs and then have a 2hr sleep after lunch and still sleep all night!

They are both back to only and afer lunch sleep on the whole now except the younger one had a morning sleep as well one day last week.!

I kinda go with the flow. If we are out in the morning they have to nap in the buggy or car. I do always make sur they can sleep at home after lunch. I have on 2yr old asleep on the Ready Bed and one in a cot at the moment. They will prob sleep for a couple of hours.

We have lovely sun today so the older after school on is playing outside while I watch and type :thumbsup: oh and have a cuppa!

The Juggler
19-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Generally around a year I think but some children seem to still need 2 for ages, whereas some barely need the one sleep :panic:

babs
19-09-2011, 01:29 PM
ive got 12 month old 2 yr old and 3 yr old all have 0ne sleep after lunch and are in bed for around 7.30 at night sleep all though for parents . 12 month old sometimes goes down in a morning round 9 on way back from school in buggy but hes up at 6 but other mornings he stays awake depends on children i guess u cant keep them awake lo fell asleep today in his lunch bless him he was sleep eatting.

murrayspud
19-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I would say go with the child - some need a sleep in the morning and afternoon or they are mega grumpy. Sometimes they decide on their own when they want to cut out a sleep.
go witht he flow is my moto :)

Kathryn x

amanda1309
19-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Most of my minds have been about 12 months but it really does depend on the child. :)

Mrs M
20-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I usually find it's around 12 months. I have one mindee who really does want to sleep in the morning but if he does, he doesn't sleep in the afternoon and he's really hard work and struggles with everything all afternoon. So I keep him really occupied all morning and then he'll sleep for two hours in the afternoon all being well. It's what's best for the child at the end of the day but it's difficult when you want to go out to groups in the morning and they're sleeping.

mumto3
20-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Its usually around a year old but i know some children older that still have 2 sleeps at 18 months old, depends on them but i always moved my own children to one sleep at about a year, did it gradually by keeping them up longer untill it was at the point of lunch then bed, my youngest is now 2 1/2 and he has 2 - 2.5 hrs sleep after lunch every day