PDA

View Full Version : At last!.......

Toothfairy
19-09-2011, 12:48 PM
After being on the waiting list for over a year and a half, I've got a lady coming around next friday to start me on the road to becoming accredited!

I thought it would never happen :rolleyes:

Now i'm in panic mode, I feel like I'm about to have an Ofsted inspection :D

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

The Juggler
19-09-2011, 12:50 PM
:laughing: :laughing: lol no! but I'm getting a phone call this week for my 'verifier' :eek: to come round and start me on the process too. There's only 3 of us on the pilot

I figure it can't be worse than FCCERs or ofsted :laughing:

Toothfairy
19-09-2011, 12:52 PM
:laughing: :laughing: lol no! but I'm getting a phone call this week for my 'verifier' :eek: to come round and start me on the process too. There's only 3 of us on the pilot

I figure it can't be worse than FCCERs or ofsted :laughing:

We can go through it together :laughing:

Greengrass74
19-09-2011, 01:16 PM
After being on the waiting list for over a year and a half, I've got a lady coming around next friday to start me on the road to becoming accredited!

I thought it would never happen :rolleyes:

Now i'm in panic mode, I feel like I'm about to have an Ofsted inspection :D

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

You can expect lots of extra paperwork, Claire has become accredited and is really thinking about whether it is worth it due to all the extra paperwork.

Plus also bear in mind that should you take on a LO that is eligable for free entitlement then you are paid a term in arrears for the first term, I would speak to your DO regarding payments as I have known CM's that are struggling because of the way they are paid.
We know 1 CM that has lost over £1000 due to the arrears system and she will not get the payment until next term.

Also be aware that should you accept a LO from another setting part way through a term that has started their funding with that setting then you will be unable to claim the childs funding for the rest of that term.

In our area the payment is £3.50 an hour so if your rates are higher than that then you will also be out of pocket.

I would certainly look into it and research, thankfully we do not have any LO'S on the free funding at the moment, and Claire will not be renewing the accredition when it expires.

Hope this helps as I would hate to see any fellow colleague out of pocket.

The Juggler
19-09-2011, 01:21 PM
We can go through it together :laughing:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: yes please. I think I'm missing the extra paperwork since I finished my degree, glutton for punishment. I won't be offering 3 and 4 year old funding - our LA only pay £3.25 local rates here are over £5 though I only charge £4.50. The 2 year old funding however, is £6/hour and you now have to be accredited to offer this.

They are going to give us 3 on the pilot the chance to mentor those who are in the next intake which will be exciting.

FussyElmo
19-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Dave thats interesting the way different authorities pay. Ours paid us 70% upfront but if the child left we would have to paid it back and then the rest 3/4's of the way through so we were never out of pocket.

rosebud
19-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I've been accredited for several years and do hardly any extra paperwork for funded children compared to others on my books. Parents have to fill in a form to confirm how many hours funding are being claimed at my setting and how many at other settings, and I complete a form once a term to claim the money. I get paid 50% up front before the term starts and 50% later towards the end of the term and the hourly rate is just over £3.50 per hour which is my usual rate anyway. There is no financial benefit to myself for doing it but it does allow working parents more flexibility.
The rate for 2 year olds in our area is £4.80 and I find this work very rewarding even if it is harder, another bonus with the 2 year olds is that because most of the parents don't work they are very flexible on hours so the 10 hour entitlement can be fitted in where I have vacancies. Good luck becoming accredited

sfox2003
19-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Im accredited & once your up & running, theres no additional paperwork, apart from a termly headcount form.

Yes theres lots of paperwork to gain the accreditation but its worth it. The inspection from your council is ok too. Mine was only here 45mins, she was lovely, it was very informal.

The massive benefit to it all is the continuity of care. Ive kept children in my care because of the funding.

I get paid 75% at the beginning of term & the remaining 25% approx 6 weeks into term. I get £3.25 per hour. Plus because I offer flexibility to spread the 15 hours I also get an additional £366.00 per term (not per child, just once).

The more strings you can add to your bow the better I say.

It seems to be working for me, lots of benefits, not many negatives.

Good Luck

Toothfairy
19-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone, lots of things to think about.

Gherkin
19-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree with Sarah. Paperwork once accredited is the same as I do anyway except for the headcount. In my area you can earn more from funding think £4.47ph when going local rate is anything from £3.50 - £4.00.

I have had children stay with me rather than pre-school and others who have had some hours in pre-school and some with me.

I have even been able to fill silly gaps because I am able to provide funding.

funemnx
19-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I became accredited in February. I needed to do a fair bit of paperwork for the course but only because most of my own paperwork needed updating. I'm assessed every 8 weeks by my Development Officer which is fine and only for 1/2 hour ish. I fund 1 child at the moment and just go on-line each term to claim the hours she will be attending. I get 50% within a few weeks and the other 50% the next month. At the moment I receive £4.85 per hour and charge £3.15 so a big bonus for me!

I have to do my level 3 Diploma now which I've just started - normally you need it before but I just had to promise to do it as soon as possible

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Dave is right

There is lots more paperwork etc

Hope it works out for you,good luck

Angel xx