PDA

View Full Version : Buggy issues- new mindee

snufflepuff
18-09-2011, 09:26 AM
I currently have a jane powertwin and a bebe confort streety (a single)

I have a 6 month old starting this week, i'll have just her and my son on the days she attends. She is only tiny and I don't think she will be supported enough in the back of the double. Plus if my son gets out of the front seat to walk i'd have to move her to the front seat (not safe to have only the back seat occupied incase it tips) which means i'd have to keep adjusting the straps and try to stop my son from running off while i'm doing it!

She would be supported enough in the single, but I can't use my buggy board on it so every time my son gets tired of walking i'd have to adjust the straps to fit him and carry the baby in a sling (hopefully- I never got on with it when my son was tiny, just didn't feel safe!)

I'm worrying that all this just won't work. Does anyone have any ideas? The only option I can see is to buy a different double, one that my son can hop in and out of as he likes, leaving the baby still safe, without lots of strap adjusting!!! Which to me says phil and teds.....but I can't afford one! :panic:

onceinabluemoon
18-09-2011, 09:39 AM
If she is tiny could you use a sling? If not sell both the streety and the Jane and use the money to fund a P&T perhaps?

Helen79
18-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I've used a powertwin and never had a problem with it tipping. When the toddler gets out of the front I just make sure there's no bags hanging on the handle and put my changing bag on the front seat which weighs it down a bit and lock the front wheel else it's goes bumpy.

What sling have you got? Maybe look at getting a more supportive one and then just carrying mindee in that all the time with your son in the buggy. How old is your son? Mindee could go in the single stroller and you could carry him in the sling if he gets tired of walking if he's still in the right weight range for the sling.

or there's a buggypod to go on the side of the single pushchair for your son.

muffins
18-09-2011, 10:17 AM
You can buy buggy weights to add to the front to stop it tipping, thats what I use on my P&T if one gets out the front!

You could buy something like this to support her-

http://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/car-seats/car-seat-accessories/support-cushions-neck-pillows/sunshine-kids-comfy-soft-support-pillow.html

Hope this helps!

snufflepuff
18-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone- my son is a very large 2.5 year old so now way I could carry him in the sling! I want to sell the powertwin but not the streety because we're planning on having another baby sometime soon so need to keep it. Had another look at the streety and it seems fairly quick and easy to adjust the straps, so i'll try using that then use a sling for baby when my son wants to sit in the buggy....see how that goes! Still want a phil and teds though!