PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone

NicoleW
17-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Print off activity ideas and put them in a folder?

Or is everything saved onto the computer?

I was thinking of doing a folder, split into age groups, then organised by PD, CCL, CD, PSRN, PSED and KUW to use in my planning and also to show parents when they come around.

Or is this a waste of time/money/ink?

LittleVoice
17-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Print off activity ideas and put them in a folder?

Or is everything saved onto the computer?

I was thinking of doing a folder, split into age groups, then organised by PD, CCL, CD, PSRN, PSED and KUW to use in my planning and also to show parents when they come around.

Or is this a waste of time/money/ink?

I do this as i dont alays have the computer switched on, and i like looking throught them all aswell. I also collect other activity ideas from all sorts of places and add them in too. :D

Mouse
17-09-2011, 09:16 PM
I do it because I often use ideas from the computer then can never find them again!

I also evaluate the activity when I've done it. Just a few quick notes saying what worked well, what didn't, what I needed to change or ways I could adapt it for future use.

It's useful to flick through for ideas.

sarah707
17-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes I often do that! I have 2 files, 1 for seasonal / monthly planning and 1 for alphabetical order of themes children enjoy.

I have stuff on the computer as well :D

Babycat
17-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I have two folders one for seasons and events adn the other for themes.

In the themes I have like 10 dividers with themes on them written 3 times. the first ten are for songs poems (language stuff) the next are for colouring or activity sheets and lastly prepared activities or examples

The events I have a summary of months with all the the events in the year and when seasons begin then 12 dividers Jan- Dec contatining anything I find activity wise on each.

I love to be organised. :) Sounds like you have it down too :)

NicoleW
19-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Good job I thought "Hmm I'll buy an extra black ink just in case" the other day isn't it.

Shame I forgot the ****** PAPER!

rosebud
19-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I wish I was more organised. :(

Chimps Childminding
19-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I print things out. June and I sit down and decide what themes we are going to do each month for the next few months. Then as we find things we print them out and put them in one of those concertina type files in the corresponding month! Then we don't have to worry about remembering where we saw something :rolleyes: either that or when we see something that maybe has interactive activities we make a note of the web page and put that on a slip of paper in the file!

Toothfairy
19-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I fill out an evaluation sheet for each activity we do and then I keep them in a folder.

snufflepuff
19-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I have been meaning to do this for ages but i'm yet to get round to it. I've bought a folder to put it all in and that's as far as I've got!

NicoleW
19-09-2011, 06:28 PM
I fill out an evaluation sheet for each activity we do and then I keep them in a folder.

Can I please have a look and possibly use your evaluation sheet please?

I only have one mindee and he's 8 months old, can I still use the evaluation sheet for this?

For example we did water play today, he loved splashing for about 10 minutes and that was enough for him he quickly moved onto something else so will get this out again.

I tried to read books with him as an activity but he wasn't engaging and wanted to play something else.

Is that the type of things I'd put in the evaluation sheet?