PDA

View Full Version : Just curious......

green4lynn
16-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi all,

have read in several posts that some cm's get their own children up, dressed and fed before their mindees arrive, even during school holidays!
Although my own children are 11 and 16 and get themselves sorted in the morning, when they were younger I would never have woken them up before mindees arrive unless we were going out!

What do you other minders do?

Lynn x

aly
16-09-2011, 09:03 PM
No I don't ...It is their home too, if they want to stay in bed then fair enough {unless it is a school day} but I won't wake them up to be ready when I got kids here...although my network manager wanted me to...hence me not being on the netowrk, didnt like her dictating everything before I even finished the training...:panic:

Happy Bunny
16-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Your network co-ordinator said that!!!!!
I would have argued back lol, at the end of the day if its the holiday and my children want to stay in bed then they will.
I start work at 6.30am and no way would I wake my children up at this time even on a school day, mine get up at 7-7.30 they get themselves dressed apart from the youngest who i get dressed.
This does not impact on the care or provision that I give to the minded children what-so-ever.
At the end of the day it's your children's home.

anthea jane
17-09-2011, 09:31 AM
1 day a week I have a mindee dropped off at 7am,I wake my 3 (12,9&4) at 7.15,they get themselves ready and downstairs for brekkie at 7.30. If it was the holidays I wouldn't expect any of them down before 8!!! and I certainly wouldn't wake them!!!!! lol

Cammie Doodle
17-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Never would I wake my child because of Minding this is their home first and foremost.

snufflepuff
17-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Nope, my son wakes up when he is ready. I used to have to wake him up when I had a school run to do and he would be in a foul mood for the rest of the day....one of the many reasons I don't do school runs any more!

onceinabluemoon
17-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I start work at 6.30am. There is no way I would get my kids up at 5.30 to be 'ready' before the mindees come in and no way would my parents expect that either.

Mine were 11 and 12 when I started and don't go to school so have no reason to be up at the crack of dawn. They would soon start to despise the mindees if they encroached on their lives so much as to tell them when they had to get up, eat, use the bathroom etc...

FussyElmo
17-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I wake mine up at 7 so I can have all ready for 8 when mindee get here on a school day. But I would still have to do this if I didnt have mindees coming to make sure we were all ready and not rushing.

If I had mindees coming before this I would not wake them up and I dont on staff training days and holidays :thumbsup:

miffy
17-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Never would I wake my child because of Minding this is their home first and foremost.

Me neither.

But I would insist they were dressed before they came downstairs to play with mindees.

Miffy xx

smurfette
17-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Think it really depends on the age of your own children / mindees ... My own are 6 8,10 and my mindees are all under 2. On school days we get up at 7 and mindees are dropped at 8 , but we need to be up at 8. In hols my girls get up when they want probably potter round in their pjs for a while as it is their home and get dressed when they want or we are going out ... If I had school age boy mindees I wouldn't let them down in pjs! Mindees also arrive in Pjs sometimes so dont see why mine should be dressed!!

crazyhazy
17-09-2011, 07:03 PM
My girls are nearly 3y and 5y and tend to just wake up when they do, I would never wake them just cos I had to start work. Most mornings they are awake when my mindees start arriving (7.15am) but there are times when they lie in, I only wake them when I need to to make sure we get to school on time and that's only happened once lol Usually they wake me! Oh and they don't get dressed until after breakfast, it's how we've always done it, might change as they get older but for now it works.

amanda1309
17-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Don't wake dd she is 9 and likes to sleep :clapping:
If she's not up by 8am on a school day I wake her but if it's a holiday she can lie in. X

caz3007
17-09-2011, 08:56 PM
My son is 8 and I have minded since he was 2.5. We have gone through different phases over the years and at first he wasnt always up when mindies turned up early. For the first couple of years, I had two siblings who were younger than him and they arrived early, always in their PJ's, so I used to get them all breakfasted and then change and dress them when they had finished. Now he is up fairly early and is dressed before any morning mindies arrive, but in the holidays if he is still in bed or in his PJ's then he stays until I need him up and dressed

green4lynn
17-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank goodness its not just me then! My youngest would stay in bed til lunchtime if she could! Having to go to school seriously cramps her style!

Lynn x

singingcactus
18-09-2011, 09:21 AM
My kids all wake the dawn chorus up! There's never been a time when they haven't been up and dressed and fed before the mindees have arrived. I can't imagine my kids coming downstairs after other kids have arrived and then wanting to get their breakfast. It would be so weird for my kids to be asleep after 5.30/6am, heavenly, but weird.
I think they'd hate to come down and find other children already here spending time with me, before them.

nikki thomson
18-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi, on school days mine are all dressed and have had breakfast otherwise when the two older one's arrive it would be a nightmare but I don't have them in the holidays just one lo who arrives at 8.15, mine are never dressed, they get dressed when there ready, usually about nine and then we all go upstairs and do morning routine, no one's ever had a problem with it. X

Helcatt
18-09-2011, 09:36 AM
mine tend to sleep in - today we got up at 9am, so no, I don't wake them generally. Depends on when mindees arrive and what the day entails

I normally have them dressed for 8 when mindees arrive and then they all have breakfast together. If I have a mindee start earlier, then I get them up after mindee has arrived, I won't get them up early just because I am working, it is their house too

Hx

louised
18-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I start at 7am and would not expect my children to get up at that time as they don't really need to be up until 8am. We have a quiet rule in my house too for mindees, no noisy or loud games until the rest of the house is up:)