PDA

View Full Version : Advice about payment pls

Mollymop
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I have my new mindee starting on Tuesday. She was supposed to be starting on Monday (2morro) but when she came for her settling in session last week her mum said that work is messing her about so can I have her for 3.5 hours a day tues to Friday fo rthe first week and back to normal the week after.
Our contract states she should be starting this monday for 11.5 hours and tues to friday for 5.5 hours a day.
So should I still charge the parents what the contracts states, or should I just ask for the hours i have worked?

What would you do?

Mollymop
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Up........

Blaze
11-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Although tempting to give the Mum a break on this occassion...experience has taught me to start as you mean to go on & charge as per contract right from the start...saves a heap of hassle in the long term.:)

angeldelight
Good luck for Tuesday Sandra

I know it is going to be hard but I would still charge for the contracted hours - that is what she agreed and it is not your fault that her work are messing her around

In the past I would prob have let someone off and charged them the normal rate the following week - but then I have been there and done it and say if she comes next week and says the same again - are you going to let her off again if you have already done so - if you know what I mean

Start the way you mean to go on

Also payment in advance - so when she comes Tuesday you EXPECT to be paid the FULL amount

Good luck

Angel xx

crazybones
Thats a hard one because you are only just starting and you dont want to rock the boat but on the other hand you dont want them to think youre a soft touch. I think you should charge the contract and if they say anything then negotiate. I think :o

Mollymop
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks, I was thinking of billing her for the full amount anyway, after all tax credits pay for the contracted hours, so I should get what I am owed. She seems a really nice mum, so i hope I don't have difficulties.

miffy
11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
For what it's worth I agree with Angel

Good luck

miffy xx

Banana
11-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I agree start as you mean to go in chick!

Could slap you in the face later down the line otherwise if she thinks your a softie ;)

xxx

Gherkin
11-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I agree - charge for the contracted hours and make sure you get the payment up front. Then you do not have to cahse people for payment which is always a horrible job.:(

breezy
11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
All good advice, contracted hours, up front!:thumbsup:

berkschick
11-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Yep, start as you mean to go on!

Although, I think I would be too soft and would end up just charging the hours I minded for this week but would make it clear to mum that it was a one off. I hate talking money :panic:

Although if tax credits are paying her anyway then it is slightly differant I suppose!

Trouble
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
stickto your guns chick

dont let people take advantageor they definately will

good luck for tuesday babe

let me know how it goes

di xxxx