PDA

View Full Version : 1 year old

LucyS
16-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I am new to child minding and I have a one year old child, who doesnt have a big concentration span or anything. I want to do some multi cultural activities with him? any one got any ideas? :)

sarah707
16-09-2011, 04:59 PM
babies and children up to about the age of 3 need play... lots and lots of play.

You can organise the play sometimes... other times the child follows their own interests.

You also organise the environment making sure the resources are ethnically diverse and the posters show positive images of the wider world.

Once the child is nearer 3 he might enjoy joining in with organised activities that look at the world around us, the weather, the seasons, festivals and celebrations etc.

Until then it's all about following the child's interests and observing what he likes doing so you can support his learning.

Hth :D

VeggieSausage
21-10-2011, 12:33 PM
could try introducing new foods - chinese stir fry, rice etc for Chinese new year etc

Toys with lights for Divali.....don't over think what you are doing....

FizzWizz
21-10-2011, 01:00 PM
my little mindee who's just turned one loves having a play with multi cultural musical instruments (various rattles, drums and shakers).

We also quite often listen to multicultural music - especially the 'african playground' cd that he dances and listens to.