PDA

View Full Version : 'Working together' letter

Roseolivia
16-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I need to write a letter to mindees school which also happens to be my dd school and mindee parent asking to share info. They do share info with me but i just need evidence for Ofsted that i do this. I'm useless at letters, how can i word it? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

blue bear
16-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I just have a pemission slip signed by parent, one in my file and give one to school.

I give permission for Fi Fi and the staff at xxx school to share any relevant information regarding my child xxxx

Roseolivia
16-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for that.

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Did you sort out your letter Sarah ?

Angel xx

Mrs M
20-09-2011, 01:26 PM
I have a section in my permissions to parents in order to be able to do this. I usually write a letter introducing myself as X's cm (even though they always know who I am!) and enclose copies of the child's individual planning and our group planning. I enclose my summative assessment and ask them to complete the same and return to me for my files. Good luck getting anything back!

AliceK
20-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I gave the pre-school a permission form signed by the parent giving permission for information to be shared and then put the ball in their court by asking them how they would like to go about doing this. I don't think anyone had asked them before judging by the look on their face :laughing:

xxxx

Roseolivia
20-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I haven't wrote one yet, will do it this week. Have a good relationship already with them, but just want something official wrote down.

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I haven't wrote one yet, will do it this week. Have a good relationship already with them, but just want something official wrote down.

I might have something if you message me to remind me

Angel xx

rickysmiths
21-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I have a section in my permissions to parents in order to be able to do this. I usually write a letter introducing myself as X's cm (even though they always know who I am!) and enclose copies of the child's individual planning and our group planning. I enclose my summative assessment and ask them to complete the same and return to me for my files. Good luck getting anything back!

Out of interest do they do this for you?

The school I go to refused point blank to share anything with me even with the parents consent because its non of my business?? They tell me to get the information from the parents. This is a Reception class that got Outstanding from Ofsted this summer!!

I have found it hard with local pre schools as well. It is so dissappointing. I always give leaving children their LJ to pass on I have had a child come to me from another childminder, parents have moved into the area. I asked for his LJ and guess what, they haven't been given one, makes you wonder what this 'wonderful' cm did. The parents were a bit shocked when they saw the one I have started for their child!

I did get the Nursery LJ for the Reception child and it was very good.

angeldelight
21-09-2011, 08:22 AM

The school I go to refused point blank to share anything with me even with the parents consent because its non of my business?? They tell me to get the information from the parents. This is a Reception class that got Outstanding from Ofsted this summer!!

I have found it hard with local pre schools as well. It is so dissappointing. I always give leaving children their LJ to pass on I have had a child come to me from another childminder, parents have moved into the area. I asked for his LJ and guess what, they haven't been given one, makes you wonder what this 'wonderful' cm did. The parents were a bit shocked when they saw the one I have started for their child!

Our school were the same Ricky its impossible to get support from them

Angel xx

tinkerbelle
21-09-2011, 10:57 AM

the school i worked was supposed to work with refused point blank i showed ofsted all the letters phone calls i mad etc to them and guess who got marked down for working with other settings and guess who got outstanding it makes me so mad when they refuse to cooperate but its us that get pulled down for it