PDA

View Full Version : After some advice please :)

amirose
16-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Hello :)
I don't normally ask for advice with regards to fees but in this instance I am not sure if I'm being reasonable or not so would really appreciate some opinions :)

I have a new starter, already had the initial meeting - haven't yet actually discussed fees, but she has said she is happy and wants him to start and is coming next week to sign contracts, which is great.

The thing is that on one day where he is coming to mine he has swimming and will not be back at the school till 3.25pm which is 20 minutes after normal finish time.
What with winter coming up I just don't feel its fair for me to be hanging about for 20 minutes in the playground with 4 other children.
Mum totally understood and has arranged with work that she will go collect him and then drop him at mine for 3.30pm.
This is only until December then swimming finishes and I will be collecting him at normal time (3.05pm).

Now personally I want to charge from 3.05pm (well actually I charge from 3pm) for all three days as this is the hours he will eventually be doing.
However I am not sure if I am justified in charging for that half an hour when it will be mum collecting and dropping him off as I have said I don't want to/can't do it.

Feedback would be very much appreciated :)

merry
16-09-2011, 07:41 AM
I would still charge for the half hour, they're paying for an after school place rather than the exact number of hours the child is with you. I have a similar situation, though it's a friend's parent rather than the child's parent who drops them at my home and the parents have never queried paying for the time.

:)

sarah707
16-09-2011, 07:57 AM
I know a lot of childminders who have set after school charges - one which covers from school ending to 430pm (no tea - for any parents who finish work early etc) and one which covers from school ending to 6pm (incl tea).

If you did it that way there wouldn't be an issue.

Hth :D

amirose
16-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks ladies, just had a brain wave - could say I charge for full hours :idea:

Tealady
16-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks ladies, just had a brain wave - could say I charge for full hours :idea:

Yes you can

The Juggler
16-09-2011, 12:39 PM
i would just say after school care starts at 3.00 and is a minimum of x hours (whatever suits you). :thumbsup: