PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a powertwin??

kindredspirits
15-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have a Jane Powertwin and if so how on earth do you clean your seats?? I am looking at having to get rid of it if I can't clean it up as the seats and hoods are really manky and have mould stains on from being in the rain and then stored in the damp garage.

someone please help!!! :D

khlwomitchell
15-09-2011, 08:36 PM
most of these fabrics are the same, for my p&t i'd carefully cif it to get rid of marks and then use some antibac spray to clean and then keep mould at bay.

You can also try mould and mildew spray (bright breen bottle) but it may bleach the fabric?

jmoff
15-09-2011, 09:04 PM
i think i used lemon juice and salt and most of it came out? I googled how to get rid of mildew.

miffy
16-09-2011, 06:43 AM
i think i used lemon juice and salt and most of it came out? I googled how to get rid of mildew.

Did it take any of the colour out?

Miffy xx

linzi133
16-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Do the covers not come off. Mine do but I'm not sure if it is a powertwin pro?:rolleyes:

But when I have had a buggy where the covers don't come off I tend to clean it outside with a scrubbing brush etc and use a hose to rinse off then let it dry. I had a conservatory so it dried nicely on the tiled floor and didn't get in the way! Not sure. If this helps! :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
16-09-2011, 07:34 AM
I've only had mine since July, so i've not tried to clean it yet.
Will watch this thread for any tips. :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
16-09-2011, 07:59 AM
I think I cleaned mine with a sponge scourer and some ordinary cleaning spray. Took a bit of elbow grease but got all the mildew and marks off.

kindredspirits
16-09-2011, 08:57 AM
i've pulled all the seats etc OFF the frame but i can't see a way to remove them from the hard backs at all... i think i'll have to give them a scrub when i'm feeling a little more energetic - not going to need a double for a while anyway coz my baby's coming soon and will be in a sling for a long while before i trust laying her flat in the powertwin!!! :D

linzi133
16-09-2011, 12:46 PM
If they come off the frame then I put them in the washing machine 1 by 1 on a gentle wash and then hung them in the line to dry. I put a big towel in the washing machine with each one. They came out sparkling! And smelling gorgeous as I used loads of fabric conditioner!!!!:blush: