PDA

View Full Version : Making life easier/ less stressful!

LIBBY
15-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi what do you do or should you do on a daily weekly monthly basis to make life run a little more smoothly? Eg making packed lunches the evening before or recording your expenses little and often lol!

boxtree7
15-09-2011, 08:28 PM
My daughter is 13 -homework done the day it is given no waiting till the night before its due in. she sets her alarm, gets herself ready for school and i make her lunch whilst she does her breakfast unless we are having scrambled eggs, beans or toast. Bag packed the night before and uniform ready.

LOOPYLISA
15-09-2011, 08:39 PM
I always do packed lunces the night before, hubs leaves at 6am, no way im doing them then :laughing:

khlwomitchell
15-09-2011, 08:41 PM
i do my accounts on my end of week payday.
I write up the register and sign the day off, reciept to bill ( i get paid a week in arrears) tick of my milage sheet then fill in the weeks expenses. I only have one kid so know exactly what i do in the week to put through. If its a end of month i do the summary and wages summary.

lunch boxes i do i the morning and i get me and three under 6 dressed, fed and in the car in an hour. If im not rushing i sit down and read and then lose track of the time!

i start to organise dinner at 3pm too and that really helps get my head sorted.

I dont force myself to do chores either, i clean bathroom when i feel like it or hubby moans about the hairs i leave by accident! such fun!

smurfette
15-09-2011, 09:23 PM
We do uniforms packing bags and laying out breakfast things the night before and in the morning dh and I make lunches and tea while they get breakfast.

I have one two or three mindees all under two depending on the day so am
Trying to get into the habit of sorting out the nappies I need the night before and packing the changing bag the night before

In an ideal world I would have an empty dishwasher to start the day but never happens! And on days I have all three I try to make dinner the night before peeling potatoes etc or at the weekend and freeze

It's the washing and constant cleaning I can't get on top
Of!

LIBBY
16-09-2011, 05:36 AM
I know what you mean about cleaning I would quite happily go and clean someone else's house just for a change, I'm constantly cleaning the same things over and over and never seem to be on top of it!

Vickster
16-09-2011, 06:29 AM
I seriously need to get on top of my accounts. As for my own children, I do lunches, clothes, uniform the day before. Dinner is prepared during nap/quiet time.

miffy
16-09-2011, 06:30 AM
I decide what meals the mindees are having the following week then try and cook and freeze them at the weekend so I've got more time when I'm working.

Miffy xx