PDA

View Full Version : Littlies + Biggies!

buzzy bee
15-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I do a school run and have kids aged 10, 5 as well as 3 under 2s...

I find every time I'm counting down the 3.5 hours as I find it a real struggle.

I don't like to take them to the park because of the 3 under 2s...

I do try and do lots with the schoolies - baking, arts and crafts etc, but I still find it difficult with the 2 groups of children...

Does anyone else have this and what sort of things do you do?

munch149
15-09-2011, 04:00 PM
To be honest I find little time to do anything with my school children by time get home at 3.30 I'm preparing tea then maybe have an hour to play where they just really want to chill. Do more with them in school hols going on trips and things x

miffy
15-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm lucky, my older ones will either play with the littlies or do crafts in the kitchen with me whilst I cook the tea.

Are the older ones saying they're bored or is it just that you feel you should be doing more? From what you've said it sounds as though you are doing plenty to me.

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Mine tend to play together. They were in the garden today running around the older ones playing tig and the little ones trying to join in and trip them up with footballs.

We had messy play, mark making and some other bits out from earlier in the day and the older ones enjoyed doing that.

We left some CDs on the table for decorating and a couple of mixed age children were tired so they sat for ages making a wonderful mess with glue, helping each other and chatting together.

Are you finding there is a clash between the ages? Or just that they need different activities?

Hth :D

The Juggler
15-09-2011, 06:10 PM
i had (unusually) a couple of big ones here for an hour yesteryda - 3 girls aged 9 1/2 they played shopping in my homecorner and with my pirate smallworld set :laughing: :laughing:

when I used to have babies, toddlers and biggies I used to try to sort the age groups out with an activity togehter, play in garden or chilling watching tv, then I could do an activity with the babies or get tea ready. I won't pretend it was a doddle - I think it was sorting out all the disagreements more than anything :panic:

JCrakers
16-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Weds is my busiest day with 2x8yrs, 2x7yrs, 1x6yrs and a 2.5yr old.

By the time we have walked back from school, stopped at the park which is on the way , had tea its nearly time to go home.

When we get in, they just play together, watch TV or play on the Wii. They all want to relax after school and I dont put any pressure on them to do activities because they have worked hard at school all day.

mgtrem
16-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I also struggle a bit with this but taught my afterschoolies clock patience the other day and they keep wanting to play, keeps them entertained for ages! Gives me time to do finger painting, playdoh, mark making etc with my little ones while we're all at the kitchen table together.