PDA

View Full Version : new talker makes me laugh :)

sillysausage
15-09-2011, 12:04 PM
My 2 yr old mindee has not long been talking properly. Today he keeps saying 'Look at me' only it sounds like 'bu**er me'. Each time I hear him I have to supress a sly giggle.

rosebud
15-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Ha ha. I had one a couple of years ago and all day she kept saying what sounded like "for f*** sake". I thought I was mishearing and just laughed to myself. When mum turned up it emerged that she was actually saying what I thought she was having overheard it at home, mum was really embarrased and apologetic, luckily she grew out of it before anyone else could understand what she was saying.,

The Juggler
15-09-2011, 12:29 PM
one of my mindees used to shout 'can I have kiss!' across the playground to me only she pronounced the k as a p :laughing:

Toothfairy
15-09-2011, 12:35 PM
We have been learning new vocab for our Autumn theme this week.
On Tuesday, my 22m mindee was trying to repeat the word Hibernate.

He started off by saying Hi - nate and by the afternoon he was walking around say Hello Mate.

He had me in fits.:D

PixiePetal
15-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I love my mindees 'peas' and 'nank you' :D

rosebud
15-09-2011, 01:23 PM
one of my mindees used to shout 'can I have kiss!' across the playground to me only she pronounced the k as a p - HA HA. Nearly wet myself laughing! :laughing:

WibbleWobble
15-09-2011, 01:27 PM
N(2) says "its cracked" alot when he has the egg and spoon stuff out (which is all the time at the mo)

only the "cracked" sounds like the f word!!!

makes phil laugh....a lot

mandy xxx

Ali56
15-09-2011, 04:55 PM
One of my 2 yr olds has just managed to say the word biscuit properly which is great, but almost a shame because he used to call it a 'big git' in 2 syllables. It used to make me laugh every time he said it!:laughing: :laughing:

khlwomitchell
15-09-2011, 08:49 PM
i'll never understand how my son at about 3 went from me saying hiccup to him saying hedgehogs.
'Mummy i have hedgehogs'
Now 5, says hiccup but i say hedgehogs, love it!

blue bear
15-09-2011, 09:14 PM
I had a little on who found blending difficult and would drop the second letter, my teenagers used to be in stitches when she said 'clock'

Loz74
15-09-2011, 09:27 PM
my son now 11
when he used to say thank you but came out as f***K u
had to keep telling people that he was saying thank you lol

LChurch
15-09-2011, 09:36 PM
My mindee who was a year in June has been trying to talk for ages, she has me in stiches a lot of the time, she is learning Peppa Pig at the mo! the other mindee was telling me about her Peppa Pig dress she had on at the time and who gave it to her etc and the lo was trying to say Peppa Pig, mum looked surprised until she saw Peppa Pig on the other ones dress, they get picked up at the same time as the mums both work at same place!

Quite handy that is! Esp as one of the Dad's is there too! So if one forgets the phone I know I can get in touch with one of the other 2! I had to do this once as Mum had left the phone in her lo's bag! I kept hearing a strange noise and tracked it down to the bag! Had to text the other parents to pass on the message!

the lo was constantly saying woof today as she kept reading Spot book, needless to say I didn't read it every time, the 2 1/2 yr old upset her when she said I read it to her!It was so funny!

jane5
15-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I had a little on who found blending difficult and would drop the second letter, my teenagers used to be in stitches when she said 'clock'

My dd does this now :laughing:

My ds used to call the fat controller from Thomas the tank engine, the fu**in cola :blush:

My eldest dd used to say glubs for gloves and pippers for slippers :D

Toothfairy
16-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I had a classic one this afternoon.
As we were walking through the park to collect my after schoolers, one of my mindee's (2.5yrs) turned and said to me "we look for plonkers Tracey"?

We have been collecting conkers this week for our Autumn theme. :D

hayleychildcare
16-09-2011, 05:53 PM
i have a 2 year old mindee that loves my OH.

As my OH works shifts he is usually just coming in as mindee is about to leave and as OH comes in he always says ' hi sexy' to me.
So mindee has took to shouting 'Hi sexy' to everyone he sees. lol

Luckly his parents find it funny. Its a bit embarrassing for me when we go out though :eek:

tulip0803
16-09-2011, 06:02 PM
When DD1 started school I had to explain to the teachers that she couldn't pronounce V yet and that if she said "Mummy let us watch a wierdo last night" she was actually talking about a video. Didn't sound too good from a childminder's child!

kel1983
16-09-2011, 07:13 PM
My nephew said Truck except it sounded like F**k. Use to make us laugh. I have learnt now to call them Lorries as this is safer with mindees

justdaz
18-09-2011, 09:36 PM
My mindees love to collect sticks, the one will always say to my friend, 'look, I got a big 'ick':blush: Replacing the ST with a D, she finds it really amusing!!
They do make you laugh, often brightening up our days.

BlondeMoment
18-09-2011, 09:42 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Velleity
19-09-2011, 05:22 AM
When my daughter asks for something 'else on', on the TV, it always sounds like 'Something Ar**ole'.

caz3007
19-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Not a sounds like a swear word, but my mindie is 17 months and mum had been teaching her 'your welcome' after thank you. Well mindie says it in context, but its your welewlwlwlcocm and goes on and on for a while....lol

littleelm
19-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I once had a little boy who's k's and c's came out as t's.... he used to say everything was 'tute'.... he had a barney dinosaur doll and he asked my colleague Mark... 'isn't barney tute Mart?' soooo adorable!