PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances

mgtrem
14-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi all,

put in a variation request on monday to have a 4 yo for 6 afternoons in October until she starts in reception full time and becomes a rising 5 (after half term).They are a new family to me but I will be having the little sister (2.5) 2 days a week and the 4 yo 2 days a week after school whatever the outcome of the request so in a way its continuity of care and care of a sibling?!?!? 2 questions really...

1) what do you think my chances are of it being granted
2) how long does it usually take to get an answer to a request

Thanks x

miffy
14-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Just depends on how you've worded the request and on the person who picks it up at Ofsted. It seems a variation for new business is not usually granted now but if you said you are caring for the 2yo and now parents want you to also have the 4yo then it could be argued it's continuity of care.

Don't know how long it will take but if you need it urgently then I'd give them a ring on Friday and see if you can hurry things along

Good luck

Miffy xx

Penny1959
14-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I think you stand a chance as going to be caring foir other siblings - whatever the outcome - so it is support the family. Also it is only for a few afternoons.

However as Miffy says - new business is often not granted - so will depend on how you worded it

Good luck I hope you get it

Penny :)

Libby08
15-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I got an answer in two weeks, it was for baby twins and they would have been my first mindees, didn't think id get it as I had only just registered and had a two year old of my own but I did. The mum was in a rush and found someone else in the two weeks so didn't need it in the end! I called them and spoke to someone then they emailed me forms so quite quick!

mgtrem
15-09-2011, 07:21 PM
thanks for the posts guys. Spoke to Ofsted today and they said they cannot chase it until it has been with the variations team for 14 days - arrrgggghhh!!