PDA

View Full Version : numbers question?

jmoff
14-09-2011, 08:00 PM
I am a little confused...again:laughing: re numbers!

I have 3 children of my own. 2 year old twins and a 4 year old in reception.

Can I have 2 children in the EY age group and 4 children (5-8)? although my daugter and another one are 4 (rising 5)?

I have confused myself even more!

Ali56
14-09-2011, 08:05 PM
You can have ONE more as well as your own twins in the early years group (max 3 under 5) only once your 4 yr old is full time at school. Then you can care for 2 more in the 5-8 age range, so that would make 6 in total under 8! You can have more children over 8 up to a maximum of 10-12 depending on your insurance!
4 yr olds full time at school are classed as 'rising 5's and so in the 5-8 age range, but i think you need to ask ofsted to put it on your certificate.

Hope that helps :)

jmoff
14-09-2011, 08:08 PM
yes, I know thank you. But can I have 2 (0-5) and 4 (5-8)?

muffins
14-09-2011, 08:20 PM
What does the wording on your certificate say?

The Juggler
14-09-2011, 08:26 PM
no, once your dd is full time in reception you can have

1x 0-5 along with your twins

and if you filled this vacancy you could then have

2 x or 5-8 years (or rising 5's) as well as your own dd (3 in total)

hope that helps

Ali56
15-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Yes! that was very dense of me not to 'see' what you were asking, sorry :blush:
You can have 2 under 5 and 4 over 5 if you want to, that is fine. As you clearly know already you just cant exceed your 6 in total or 3 under 5. So if you choose to have 4 over 5 and under 8 then you simply lose the other under 5 space until one of your older ones turns 8!!
You do still need to let ofsted know about your 'rising 5's though, I think and if you have 2 of them on your books then you would have to wait until one of them are full time in school as your DD is still only 4. Apologies! Have a great day! :D

FussyElmo
15-09-2011, 06:34 AM
yes, I know thank you. But can I have 2 (0-5) and 4 (5-8)?

No because of your twins (unless you have been granted a variation) you will only be allowed 1 EY (0-5)and then because of the rising 5 clause you will allowed 2 (5-8)

If you havent had your certificate changed to recognize your dd being in reception and full time you wont be able to have any in the early years.

jmoff
15-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes! that was very dense of me not to 'see' what you were asking, sorry :blush:
You can have 2 under 5 and 4 over 5 if you want to, that is fine. As you clearly know already you just cant exceed your 6 in total or 3 under 5. So if you choose to have 4 over 5 and under 8 then you simply lose the other under 5 space until one of your older ones turns 8!!
You do still need to let ofsted know about your 'rising 5's though, I think and if you have 2 of them on your books then you would have to wait until one of them are full time in school as your DD is still only 4. Apologies! Have a great day! :D

thank you! thats exactly what I needed to know, I am glad you understood what I was trying to say! Rising 5 sorted as well, thanks xx