PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5 - New NMS

claire2211
14-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just had my inspection and all went well. I asked for clarification on the rising 5 rule as my own daughter is 4 and just started full time education.

The inspector confirmed that the rule has been cleared up and everyone will be able to class a 4 year old as 5 if they attend full time education!!:clapping:

I expect we will all have some sort of notice but wanted everyone to know ASAP.

Plus my inspection went really well! & I was so nervous I was nearly sick!!

aly
14-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just had my inspection and all went well. I asked for clarification on the rising 5 rule as my own daughter is 4 and just started full time education.

The inspector confirmed that the rule has been cleared up and everyone will be able to class a 4 year old as 5 if they attend full time education!!:clapping:

I expect we will all have some sort of notice but wanted everyone to know ASAP.

Plus my inspection went really well! & I was so nervous I was nearly sick!!
i havent looked at your profile yet but what area are you?
My inspection is overdue {the 3 months is up this week} and my friend rung them last week to be told no way it is not changing.....if this is the case then I am more than happy. :thumbsup:....what cssiw office does your inspector come under?

claire2211
14-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi I'm in Newport. All the inspectors are in merthyr now. I also have been waiting for my inspection for 3 months!

I e-mailed and asked the question a few weeks ago and was told it was with the 'assistant cheif inspector'.

But I asked again today and she said its finally been sorted out and they are reverting to the old rules and I will be able to class any 4 year old in school as 5.

Great news!

I'd ring again if I were you but I'm sure we will all hear about it soon.

tulip0803
14-09-2011, 02:20 PM
That is good news! I am also still waiting for inspection and it is the 3 months int 2 weeks time! looks like they are taking their time about inspecting!

jelly15
14-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks Claire, great news. Well done on your inspection :clapping:

aly
14-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi I'm in Newport. All the inspectors are in merthyr now. I also have been waiting for my inspection for 3 months!

I e-mailed and asked the question a few weeks ago and was told it was with the 'assistant cheif inspector'.

But I asked again today and she said its finally been sorted out and they are reverting to the old rules and I will be able to class any 4 year old in school as 5.

Great news!

I'd ring again if I were you but I'm sure we will all hear about it soon.
mine is merthyr too claire.

i agree julia, they must be taking their time...much to our annoyance.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I am confused. 4 year old have always been classed as 5 once they were in full time education. Are you talking ratio's or EYFS?

tulip0803
14-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I am confused. 4 year old have always been classed as 5 once they were in full time education. Are you talking ratio's or EYFS?

Don't worry Debbie it is ratios in Wales

They missed the rising 5s clause out of the new National Minimum Standards for Registered Childcare in Wales 2011! The way it reads at the minute children are either under or over 5 whether they are in full-time school or not! They have been working on it since April when the NMS came out

tialil
14-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Thta is fantastic news - just wait for it now to be put in writing :clapping: :jump for joy: :laughing:

manjay
15-09-2011, 07:33 AM
I will just confirm that may still be different in each local authority. Until the written document is amended by DCELLS you will each need to confirm with you own inspector.

The information that it was a mistake was relayed to all CSSIW offices in April but each office has decided to interpret it in their own way.

NCMA will confirm when DCELLS have changed the document so keep a look out on their website.

amanda x

aly
15-09-2011, 09:32 AM
I will just confirm that may still be different in each local authority. Until the written document is amended by DCELLS you will each need to confirm with you own inspector.

The information that it was a mistake was relayed to all CSSIW offices in April but each office has decided to interpret it in their own way.

NCMA will confirm when DCELLS have changed the document so keep a look out on their website.

amanda x
knew it might be too goood to be true...:panic:

still waiting on my inspector though....see if i wasnt ready for her she'd be here...c'mon.

julie w
15-09-2011, 09:34 AM
does that include 3 year olds who are full time school too.

manjay
15-09-2011, 09:49 AM
does that include 3 year olds who are full time school too.

This is only for Wales Julie.