PDA

View Full Version : Feel so sad :-(

lou246
14-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Mindee was late this morning and for some reason I just knew something wasn't right! To cut a long story short, mum has had some issues, mainly being her partner left her for someone a lot younger!
Anyway this morning dad dropped a very tired and very upset little boy off with me and said very unsympathetically that mum has taken an overdose and is in hospital. I'm kind of left wondering why he hasn't kept the kids with him or with family :rolleyes:

I had a few secret tears earlier, mainly because I was stuck on what to do and sooooo upset that the kids would have seen everything! Should I ring the hospital? Should I ring mum? Do I just go through the day as normal? I'm not doing anything different with mindee, he's still a little upset but I'm taking his mind off it quite well :)

I just feel so sad this morning and not knowing anything is not helping :(

xgemx
14-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Aww hun what an awful situation to be put in, ive not started minding yet so i would imagine someone will be along with some better advice but i know its our duty to safegaurd the child so maybe you could ask dad what are the arrangements for child while mum is poorly so you know who will be picking up dropping and see if mum will have social services involved etc

Hope things work out for mum

x

~Grasshopper~
14-09-2011, 10:06 AM
oh no, i would keep everything normal for the child, it would be probably more confusing for him to go to relatives after whats happened, he will feel safe and secure with you which is what he needs. i would phone dad and check who is picking up and ask how mum is.

big hug for you all.

xx

lou246
14-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Thank you!
Mum has sent a few texts and said she's fine, dads picking lo up later.
Things just got on top of her but hopefully she'll get through this, she has excellent friends and family so that should help too :)
Lo is absolutely fine and his usual self. I have acted completely normal with him so that helped I think!

Felt loads better just putting it on here strangely enough!

Xxx

caz3007
14-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Glad that mum and LO are both ok. My sister took an overdose as a cry for help and SS were never involved and her children were small at that point. If you would feel able to support mum, I would let her know that you are available to chat if she just needs to talk to someone who is out of the situation.

Bevbeetle
14-09-2011, 10:40 AM
i had a situation like this last year but the mum was sent to prison the dad didnt tell mindee where her mum was in the end i had to call the prison ask for the mum to call me asp the prison were fantastic spoke to the mum she asked if i would explain where she was :eek: but with the help from the prison the mindee was great sending you big hugs i so know what you going throu xxx

The Juggler
14-09-2011, 12:15 PM
oh hon how sad. i find it strange that ss would not want to keep an eye on a mum on her own who has taken an overdose whilst she was caring for small children??

I hope Dad steps up and helps out a bit more.:(

mabel
14-09-2011, 01:23 PM
ah thats sad .... my only advice would be to let little one make a big card covered with flowers and a big I love You, perhaps a nice gesture we all need a little bit of extra love at times of crisis