PDA

View Full Version : Im Closing, help please

lissy
14-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I have been offered a 'gold dust' school hours job which is too good to turn down and as the childminding has been so quiet recently I have decieded to take the new job and have handed my notice in to all my mindees :(

I am both excited about new job and very sad to say goodbye to my little ones but it has to be done.

My question is does anyone know what things I need to do to shut the business down? and also I would like to get something little for the children to say goodbye , any suggestions or ideas? We are having a little party on the last day so would be really nice to give them all something then.

Thanks

Mrs Pootle
14-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Sorry, no idea what you need to do officially to close, but just wanted to say congratulations on your new job, and good luck with everything :clapping:

xgemx
14-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Hope all goes well with the new job

mandy g 35
14-09-2011, 11:51 AM
hope all goes well, you really should just keep it as a back up just incase you ever want to return....just a thought....i wish you well :thumbsup:

The Juggler
14-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I would keep your reg open hon, you never know you might want to top up your salary with school hols/after school minding at some point.

good luck with the new job though.:)

QualityCare
14-09-2011, 12:32 PM
If you have paid all your fees for this year then l agree with The Juggler.

Penny1959
14-09-2011, 12:57 PM
As someone who de registered and then came back to childminding (at great expense and trouble) I would advise keeping your childminding registration open for as long as possible.

With the gift - how about something simple like a photo of you with the mindee and for them to make a frame out of craft materials?

Penny :)

babs
14-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I agree keep it open for a while but if you do close you need to inform tax office, national insurance ofsted your car and house insurance so you don't pay business next year.council as you no longer need to be registered as food business. can't think of anymore ay moment. good luck in your new job

catswhiskers
16-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I would also keep your registration open in case you decide to return.

I didn't do this (after deciding to go and work in a reception class) and consequently one of my reports (graded good) isn't able to be seen on the ofsted website.

Needless to say, after working in a reception class as a classroom assistant (well sometimes the only adult in the class of 30 children and trying to tidy up, get them dressed, help ones who had wet/soiled themselves, help them with their lunch, tidy up after lunch, control the third of children who were "naughty" and being called names and spat at etc. without punishment, I decided to come back.

It took another 5 months but it was worth it.

I still look back on my time in the school (5 years ago) and wonder how all the children are getting on. After all they were only 4 and a half/just 5.

miffy
17-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I agree with the others about keeping your registration open for as long as you can.

Good luck with your new job

Miffy xx