PDA

View Full Version : can I delay an Ofsted inspection?

kindredspirits
14-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Just wondered if anyone knows if its possible to delay an inspection for a few months? I've not had the call yet, but will be due in January and my baby will be at most a few weeks old. I'm not taking Maternity leave so technically will still be working, but obviously will be running in a bit of a zombie mode for a while and not sure I'll come up looking cropper in an inspection. :D

tia
anna x

rickysmiths
14-09-2011, 08:11 AM
I know a childminder who delayed her inspection 2 weeks so she had time to finish her Sef :rolleyes:

I guess the only way to find out if you get the call. Mind you they never seem to run to time. I had mine a couple of weeks ago and they were a year overdue.!

solly
14-09-2011, 08:22 AM
They are certainly not running to time as mine was due at the beginning of Jan and I am still waiting for the call.
All you can do is wait for the call and hope they will delay it a few weeks for you

foxy lady
14-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Gosh mine can 3.5 months early :eek: i nearly died when they called :panic:

Tealady
14-09-2011, 11:59 AM
In theory mine is due begining of next month, but going through some paperwork it states they will "inspect at least once in a 47 month inspection period". I was inspected at the start of this 47 month period (I know that because the new period started with the start of EYFS and I was inspected a month after it started) So they could come any time but don't have to for another year.

The Juggler
14-09-2011, 12:09 PM
i would think you being on maternity leave is a very valid reason for you to delay your inspection. I'd ring them in December and prewarn them, saying you are on Mat leave until xxxx so they don't call you up whilst you are off.

Don't ring them any earlier or they might come now :laughing:

kindredspirits
14-09-2011, 03:17 PM
:laughing: If they ring now I think I'd have to tell them I am already on maternity leave! :D (i'm not but am still running to the bathroom every hour - not the best vision for a childminder!)

alwaysright
14-09-2011, 06:19 PM
a minder i know recently had a baby and only took two weeks off, ofsted came to visit her on her second day back after the two weeks ie her baby was just over 2 weeks old but she was working so they came. she got outstanding :)

catswhiskers
14-09-2011, 09:45 PM
A colleague of mine delayed her inspection for a a while as she was settling-in some new mindees and was then going on holiday. Considering she had waited months (she was overdue inspection anyway) this placated them.l

They came back recently and gave her a 'good'.

chez
15-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Theres nothing wrong with asking, I guess they may want to still do it as they wouldnt want your level of care to be reduced due to your new arrival.