PDA

View Full Version : dont u just love it when

lulubelle
14-09-2011, 07:06 AM
parents decide to 'donate' toys to you and 90% of them are broken/parts missing etc and in amongst it all is the birthday present you brought mindees little brother(we went to his party) on saturday!!!

birch24
14-09-2011, 07:16 AM
:eek:

Maybe they made a mistake putting the present in:o

wendywu
14-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Well the broken toys and the ones with parts missing would go in the bin pronto :panic:

onceinabluemoon
14-09-2011, 08:33 AM
I'd give the broken toys back and say that you appreciate the thought but as a childcare professional you are not allowed to use broken toys...

As for the birthday present, words fail me...

xgemx
14-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I would send the birthday present home with mindee and say oh he spotted it and thought mummy most of put his brothers birthday present in the bag by mistake hehe, see if she gets embarrased

As for the broken toys thats awful i check anything im giving away and bin it if its not working or missing

ziggy
14-09-2011, 12:47 PM
This is exactly why i just buy small books for birthday/christmas presents.

I used to pay out for nice toys or clothes but one day at mindees house I noticed dress i'd bought almost a year earlier was still hanging in wardrobe in its packaging:angry: Also noticed toys in playroom left on floor broken so i thought why waste my much needed hard earned money?????

I wouldnt bother sending toy home and would just put other things in bin

FussyElmo
14-09-2011, 04:47 PM
maybe she had more than one of them. And if the children are like mine they are that excited to open their presents it can be hard remembering who sent what especially if there was a party

PixiePetal
14-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I have had some fab stuff from a mindees mum :)

travel cot, big bin bag full of duplo, dolls house, wellies and waterproofs........ She is a star! - prob helps mindee is an only child and def staying that way and they live in a small terraced house so can't everything for ever. She could have sold it but knew I would get use from it so happy to donate :thumbsup:

miffy
14-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I have had some fab stuff from a mindees mum :)

travel cot, big bin bag full of duplo, dolls house, wellies and waterproofs........ She is a star! - prob helps mindee is an only child and def staying that way and they live in a small terraced house so can't everything for ever. She could have sold it but knew I would get use from it so happy to donate :thumbsup:

I've been lucky too, parents have given me all sorts - jigsaws, outdoor toys, happyland etc.

I'd be gutted to find a present I'd only just given them in a bag of toys but there might be another explanation like fussyelmo says.

Miffy xx

lulubelle
14-09-2011, 05:27 PM
luckily it was only a noisy book from tesco so maybe he does have 2! we already have one too and knew it was good thats why we brought it! i have spoken to mum now and there was 2 boxes this morning-1 is for c to have at my house as 'his' big boy toys and other is old baby toys that we can use etc! seriously how much room does she think i have!

sarah707
14-09-2011, 05:56 PM
It makes me laugh when parent bring toys here because their children are too big for them... and said children spend hours happily playing with them :laughing:

Erika
14-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd give the broken toys back and say that you appreciate the thought but as a childcare professional you are not allowed to use broken toys...

I agree

I would send the birthday present home with mindee and say oh he spotted it and thought mummy most of put his brothers birthday present in the bag by mistake hehe, see if she gets embarrased

Why bring the child into it and suggest he said something which he didn't? Wouldn't do much for the childminder/mindee relationship if the childminder tells his mum that he said things which he didn't say at all - he'll lose trust in the childminder and trust is fundamental to the relationship. I'd be absolutely furious if I found that my childmider had used my child in this way because she couldn't be upfront with me.

WibbleWobble
14-09-2011, 06:30 PM
It makes me laugh when parent bring toys here because their children are too big for them... and said children spend hours happily playing with them :laughing:

ha ha....i have had that experience too!

mandy xxx