PDA

View Full Version : what grounds can i terminate a contract

debratina
13-09-2011, 06:19 PM
long one sorry :-
over the holidays i was told by several mindees that they have stayed over a friends house (aged 10) to stay over the night. brother who is 13 looking after them. so yesterday asked one of the mindees again about it as i know there are small children involved too. i just had a phone call from the mum saying i been asking questions and keep my nose out - think mums scared i will go to social services as she has just been done for drink driving. so to cut a long story short i think a mindee has said something to her friend. is there anyway i can terminate this contract with mindee - its not the first time she has been gossiping about me! i know i shouldn't have quizzed the mindee but there is a safe guarding issue.

please advise

rosebud
13-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I can't think of anything to say which will help Debra, its not a nice situation, but just wanted to say keep your chin up. I'm sure somebody will be along with advice for you.

The Juggler
13-09-2011, 06:33 PM
you don't have to give a reason to terminate but if you feel she is badmouthing you this might make things worse.

You can just state 'for personal reasons' or 'due to a change in circumstances'.

If you feel there are small children being left unattended by a responsible adult though hon, I would def. put in a call to someone. However, 13 is not that far off the age for babysitting though being in charge of lots of children doesn't seem fair on a very young teenager :(