PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

snufflepuff
13-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm just filling in my application form to go to our local Early Years and Childcare Conference. I have to choose 3 of 6 workshops and really cannot decide which....i'd like to do them all really, lol!

Here are the options:
A- What should 'school readiness' mean from children's perspectives?
Looks at school readiness and strategies to help prepare children for school.

B- Dig it, Grow it, Eat it
Health and well being, caring for nature, promoting healthy eating, projects you can do with children, where to get help and resources.

C- Early mathematics
Explore approaches that can be used to develop mathematical understanding, fun and enjoyment.

D- 'Prime time' for communication and Language
All practitioners using the revised EYFS will be expected to provide a summary of development in the 3 prime areas of learning- this will help practitioners assess this area.

E- Start the music
Practical session, aimed at developing musical and social skills using instruments and songs.

F- Musical and vocal play
Ways of working to develop musicality within each child, through creating an environment where adults are facilitators, not teachers.

Which would you choose?

sarah707
13-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Early maths because it's something I find hardest of all to include in my days... even though I've written about it and have lots of info I still find it hard.

Music because it will be fun!

Not sure about the 2 related to the new Eyfs - it's not even released yet and things might change... :D

The Juggler
13-09-2011, 06:19 PM
early maths. loved this on my FD course. I love that its not all about numbers and shape but developing problem solving skills and creative thinking. That's why I'm so cross they've changed the EYFS to mathematics instead of PSRN :panic: :(

ooh then I'd do prime time and one of the music workshops:thumbsup: