PDA

View Full Version : New Child Minder.

Beccles26
13-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Hello, I am a newly registered child minder in Grantham Lincolnshire, I am just not sure where else I can advertise, I am on 7 different websites, registered with the vacancy matching service, have handed out/put up over 150 posters, and advertised in the local paper. I just dont seem to be having any luck with interest. Is there anywhere else I should be advertising? Any help would be appreciated.

Hellymw
13-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi
Have you contacted the local schools to yourself?

I have found that all of my children have come from Word of mouth. Posted on my FB page that I was newly registered and everyone I talk to at toddlers groups / school /friends / friends of friends I always make sure to mention that I am a newly registered childminder with some vacancies.

Have also spoken to other childminders to say that if they can't meet people's requirements then I am happy for them to pass on my details. Have got some children via this method too.

HTH

The Juggler
13-09-2011, 06:21 PM
get yourself known at the local children's centres too hon. good luck:thumbsup:

rosebud
13-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Find out if there's a childminding group run at your local childrens centre or anywhere else local. Even if you go along without children you can make some contacts and others might be happy to give out your number if they don't need the work.

Greengrass74
13-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Do you have any big employers in Grantham or the local hospital, maybe you could send some flyers to go on their notice boards or speak to their HR department.

We have a couple of big companies here and we sent some flyers, it worked as we had a couple of new mindees as a result

allison
14-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi Beccles26,

im from Grantham too.:laughing: there is a childminding group at Belton Lane childrens centre every friday morning. why dont you pop along and come and meet us all and have a chat with us, we are all friendly. we may have some more ideas for you

Allison

Beccles26
15-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello Alison, what time does the grantham childminding group meet??

allison
15-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Its from 9am till 11.30. We tend to arrive after we have done the school run. Im not going this wk but go along as everyone will make u welcome we do coffee and snack too. If you send me a pm i will give u contact details for me if u would like
Allison

Beccles26
15-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Allison, not sure if the private message worked not got the hang of using this forum yet. Do the childminders hand out others details if they are full themselves?

Its from 9am till 11.30. We tend to arrive after we have done the school run. Im not going this wk but go along as everyone will make u welcome we do coffee and snack too. If you send me a pm i will give u contact details for me if u would like
Allison