PDA

View Full Version : Can we shred

Straws
10-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi all,

Bit of a daft question but when you renew contracts and permission forms, can we shred the old ones or do we have to keep them for a certain amount of time?

Straws xx

miffy
11-05-2008, 06:22 AM
I kept mine just so I could show the inspector that permissions and contracts had been in place since the children started but I think that was just me being over cautious!

After my inspection in February I shredded all the old ones - I don't think there are any rules about this

miffy xx

hello kitty
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I thought we had to keep all paperwork for something like 21 years!!!!:eek:

nell57
11-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm under the impression you need to keep all info for at least 10 years if not longer, even if you're no longer doing childminding. But cant remember where I got this from, so hopefully someone will be able to clarify the answer

Helen

sarah707
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
The eyfs states that some papers should be kept for 3 years including complaints records ...

Tax stuff you need for 5+ years...

Any other paperwork, yes I thought it was for 21 years as well... :D

miffy
11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought we had to keep all paperwork for something like 21 years!!!!:eek:

Think that is accident/injury records.

Can't think that not keeping contracts is a problem - after all you don't actually have to have one in the first place.

miffy xx

miffy
11-05-2008, 12:17 PM
The eyfs states that some papers should be kept for 3 years including complaints records ...

Tax stuff you need for 5+ years...

Any other paperwork, yes I thought it was for 21 years as well... :D

Currently complaint records should be kept for 10 years. I agree it does go down when EYFS comes in but don't know why

HMRC can go back 6 tax years if they wish to check your books so yes you should keep those

As far as I know it's only accident/injury records that you need to keep for 21 years

miffy xx

Alibali
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Up here it is 7 years for HMRC stuff - I believe that may include contracts as the rate of fees is stipulated on these-and until the child is 21 years old years for accident and incident reports, as they can sue you up intil the age of 21 I believe.

Ali x