PDA

View Full Version : Did I do the right thing?

buzzy bee
13-09-2011, 02:49 PM
One of my afterschoolers (10) came out of school looking sad and pale and said he feels sick, cold and pin-pricky, and asked me to phone his mum.

So I did.

Would you have done the same?

She sounded a bit annoyed and stressed and asked if I was okay to have him still! I said yes unless he's sick (which I am - mindee is just watching TV with a blanket and bucket!)

rosebud
13-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I would have absolutely done the same thing, his needs come first.

buzzy bee
13-09-2011, 04:01 PM
thanks for the reassurance! Been feeling a bit bad!

Mouse
13-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I'd have phoned or sent a text. It's one of those situations that you can't win - if you phone parents seem unhappy, if you don't phone, they're unhappy at pick up that you didn't let them know earlier :rolleyes:

I try to put myself in the parent's position. If it was my child would I want to be told...the answer is usually 'yes'.

blue bear
13-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes I would, can't see what she had to get cross about at least she can sort her desk out in case she can't go in tomorrow.

alwaysright
13-09-2011, 04:43 PM
yes i wouldve rang straight away, i dont txt if the kids are sick as the parents may not get it, sometimes conveniently.....but i have had this a few times as our school is a nightmare if the kids are sick they tell them just sit quietly and see how you go then dont bother asking how they are!! parents shouldnt be annoyed at you ringing, its not your fault their child is ill!