PDA

View Full Version : Would you have stepped in?

jadavi
13-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I was appalled when i was in London last week to see a clearly very very drunk guy in charge of 2 little ones leading them by the hand thru busy london traffic, weaving around and laughing.

I didn't do anything because I have got into trouble in the past for being a busy body but would you have left it? I have felt awful ever sin ce and keep wondering if the children got home OK......
What could i have done?

The Juggler
13-09-2011, 12:02 PM
i might have notified a nearby policeman/woman if there was one but other than that by the time you'd have called anyone they'd have been gone (on a bus/tube etc).

Horrible to see though:(

sarah707
13-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I might have done a few years ago but I am much more aware of how easily I could be hurt nowadays... I think it's an age thing.

xx

boxtree7
13-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I was in sainsbury last weekend (Sunday) - I walked from my car with my 15 mths old - as we started our walk i could hear a baby crying - I couldn't believe there car with the driver side window left open and a baby in his/her car seat ... I waited to see if anyone came 5 - I new i couldn't go over and pick the child out. i went into sainsburys and told the young fella on customer services he went out took car reg number - it took the mum 20 mins to come to customer services to see what they wanted. she told them ive only run for these bits i was 5 mins. I felt sick leaving the child crying.

wendywu
14-09-2011, 08:07 AM
[Q
UOTE=boxtree7;983149]I was in sainsbury last weekend (Sunday) - I walked from my car with my 15 mths old - as we started our walk i could hear a baby crying - I couldn't believe there car with the driver side window left open and a baby in his/her car seat ... I waited to see if anyone came 5 - I new i couldn't go over and pick the child out. i went into sainsburys and told the young fella on customer services he went out took car reg number - it took the mum 20 mins to come to customer services to see what they wanted. she told them ive only run for these bits i was 5 mins. I felt sick leaving the child crying.

[/QUOTE]

In this case i would have waited by the car for 5 min and if no one came back i would have phoned the police from my mobile. Then reported it to sainsburys and insisted they stand a member of staff by the car.

How stupid could the mother be :angry:

christine e
14-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I think perhaps we have all witnessed things in the past that leave us thinking perhaps we should have done something. The only thing I think you could have done was report to police but when you are in an area you are not familiar with you don't have the relevant phone numbers - I carry the non emergency number for the police in my county but not for other counties. I would not have approached the man directly.

Christine

Mamma4Ya
14-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I was in sainsbury last weekend (Sunday) - I walked from my car with my 15 mths old - as we started our walk i could hear a baby crying - I couldn't believe there car with the driver side window left open and a baby in his/her car seat ... I waited to see if anyone came 5 - I new i couldn't go over and pick the child out. i went into sainsburys and told the young fella on customer services he went out took car reg number - it took the mum 20 mins to come to customer services to see what they wanted. she told them ive only run for these bits i was 5 mins. I felt sick leaving the child crying.

I cannot believe some parents. :mad: I would have phoned the police immediately.