PDA

View Full Version : SOCIAL SERVICES

macjade01
12-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Hiya everyone! i was so excited as i passed pre reg and CRBs are back for me and partner but when i called ofsted today to see how long for certificate and they said the social service check on my partner hasnt come back and has gone to another department! Has anyone else had this? im gutted thought all check were done before crb was sent. partner has had no dealing with social services himself, but his dad was accussed of something when my partner was 15 and they got involoved then but it was all dropped as the person had made it up! could it be this ?

Carrie1983
12-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Mine went to SS on 15th July and Ofsted also told me today that the check on me has not come back - that's about 9 weeks. It should take no longer than 2. I had some dealings with SS (adult mental health team) in 2005/6 and I think that's where the problem is - it has probably gone to that team for processing. I have had no dealings with them and no relapses since then so I am hoping it's just lost in the system. The man did say he was chasing it up for me.

I am still waiting for my crb as well, though.

I have been working with children for years and do so at the moment, so I would be annoyed if the SS check caused problems - everyone has a past and it's not always their fault. I never touched drugs or heavy drinking; I was a victim of my circumstances!

macjade01
12-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Hiya thanks for the reply! Im glad im not only one! thought the process was nearly over. I have 3 children waiting for full time places.