PDA

View Full Version : Giving it up.

1984chelle
12-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I have given it almost a year and I'm now giving it up. I have had nothing but issues with payment from clients, I'm currently in the process of court proceedings - providing my insurer deems that the client has assets to pursue the claim, or I will have lost £800. Also my own 3 year old is coping to well with her toys getting broken all the time by other children. It was all going fine till March/April time then I just unfortunately ended up with 3 sets of unruly kids...shame though.

Can anyone tell me if I need to inform Ofsted? And will it affect my chances of doing it in the future again? Not to worried about quitting right now as I have another job that I currently work 4 evenings a week for.

Thanks in advance x

rosebud
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
If you aren't sure about giving it up you can stay registered and just not work, that way you can pick it up again later. You'll just need to pay your registration fee. However if you are 100% sure it isn't for you then you need to inform Ofsted so they can deregister you. I don't think it would make a difference as to whether you can do it again in the future as long as you go through the correct procedure for de-registering. Give Ofsted a call and they'll tell you what you need to do.

Tealady
12-09-2011, 11:46 AM
It's such a shame when one or a few families can affect how you feel about this job.

Just make sure that if you do want to give up permently you do de-register or resign as apparently, if they take you off their register themselves it can go against you in future. That's what our newsletter from our DO always states anyway.

sarah707
12-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Good luck with your new job! :D

Rubybubbles
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Your not giving up - your moving on:)

I am too, moving on but staying registered as I don't hate childminding lol just not working out for me at the moment and want to try something new (room leader at nursery, pre-school age) or I will always wonder what if:o

sandy64
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
you can take a break from c.m without contacting ofsted but if you arent going to go back after a break ring ofsted for details sorry its not worked out for you:)

stardust
12-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I have given it almost a year and I'm now giving it up. I have had nothing but issues with payment from clients, I'm currently in the process of court proceedings - providing my insurer deems that the client has assets to pursue the claim, or I will have lost £800. Also my own 3 year old is coping to well with her toys getting broken all the time by other children. It was all going fine till March/April time then I just unfortunately ended up with 3 sets of unruly kids...shame though.

Can anyone tell me if I need to inform Ofsted? And will it affect my chances of doing it in the future again? Not to worried about quitting right now as I have another job that I currently work 4 evenings a week for.

Thanks in advance x

If you can afford to live on your other job why not give notice to the 'unruley' parents and just do a few hours or be a emergency childminder who can cover holidays/sickdays or do just school holidays for extra pennies??
Good luck either way hunny xx

marleymoo
12-09-2011, 05:52 PM
this is a good idea:thumbsup:

mushpea
12-09-2011, 07:18 PM
I gave up my registration then had to re register,, I wish I had stayed registered as would have been so much easier to pick up again,, could you maybe get rid of the unruleys and have part time children instead

The Juggler
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
go with your other job for now hon, but like others have said, stay registered for now - you don't want to go through the whole process again if you change your mind. There are some lovely parents out there you know :)

1984chelle
12-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah I don't know. My years insurance run's out at the start of November and I can't really afford to pay even the £40 for mm again at the moment due to all my funds being plowed into my wedding in a couple of months. I think I will stop for now, not renew and see how I feel and how things are getting on, then re evaluate after I come back from my honeymoon in Jan - and then if I wanna pick it up for just on and off care - I guess I can just pay the insurance. So do you think I would just be alright not to worry calling ofsted until i decide jan/feb time? Thanks for the advice ladies.

marleymoo
13-09-2011, 08:25 AM
yes i'd just wait till next year and enjoy your wedding planning and honeymoon period. have fun!

Mamma4Ya
13-09-2011, 08:58 AM
I too would suggest you stay Registered so that you can take on emergency work. Good luck with the wedding and your future. :thumbsup:

The Juggler
13-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah I don't know. My years insurance run's out at the start of November and I can't really afford to pay even the £40 for mm again at the moment due to all my funds being plowed into my wedding in a couple of months. I think I will stop for now, not renew and see how I feel and how things are getting on, then re evaluate after I come back from my honeymoon in Jan - and then if I wanna pick it up for just on and off care - I guess I can just pay the insurance. So do you think I would just be alright not to worry calling ofsted until i decide jan/feb time? Thanks for the advice ladies.

just renew your registration for £35. you don't need insurance if you are not minding nor NCMA membership. enjoy your wedding and if you start minding again you can arrange insurance the day before.:thumbsup:

Demonjill
26-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Yep def stay registered but inactive and see where life takes you.

Im just re registering again after cancelling - wish i hadnt cancelled what a nightmare :rolleyes:

miffy
26-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I agree with the others - keep your registration open for now and see how you feel in a few months time

Miffy xx