PDA

View Full Version : Not sure I can stick with this one

munch149
12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Just taken on a new child who I'm stuggling to settle. Is doing every day and won't stop crying. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and can't deal with the stress. Am constantly worries something will go wrong with my pregnancy anyway without puttin myself through this additional stress. Problem is I hate letting people down and can't afford to lose the money really. Mum took me on before I knew I was pregnant too and feel like she will think it's all down to that which is only partly the reason an o felt guilty for messing her about in the first place. Not sure what I'm expecting people to say. I guess I want people to say it's in my best interests to give notice Or that things will get better with time just wish we had more money as I wouldn't even be thinking twice x

rosebud
12-09-2011, 10:14 AM
If you stick it out, stay patient and reassure the child then things will get better with time.
However you need to think about what's best for your own family and if the right thing for them is for you to give notice then thats what you should do. Will you be giving notice to go on maternity leave anyway? If so then maybe it would be better for the child for you to do this sooner rather than later so they can be settled into a new setting.

munch149
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Plan on taking minimal maternity as can't afford to lose the money

rosebud
12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
How about this?

Do absolutely everything you can to help the child settle, put yourself in their shoes, how do they feel about mum leaving them everyday? what can you do to make them feel happy and secure? what do they like to do / play with? What does mum think will help them settle? do they have a comfort object that will help? Put your heart and soul into doing everything you can to help them settle but set a deadline. Say in a month or 3 months or whatever works for you if there is been no change and you feel that you have really done everything you can then you call it a day and give notice.

That way there is light at the end of the tunnel - either things WILL get better or you WILL give notice.

Don't know if that helps at all - but keep your chin up.

munch149
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
My Attention seems to make it worse would rather be left to it but then I feel guilty if she's crying. Has no comforter. Went through this with one of my other ones but didn't last so long and she did have comforters and I wasn't dealing with all the emotions of pregnancy. I don't doubt that if I wasn't pregnant I would have Just got on with it. Probably my emotions getting the better of me x

Tinglesnark
12-09-2011, 12:42 PM
congratulations on your pregnancy!
i have just given notice to my mindee and im also pg (9 weeks) i just cannot manage my own 2, someone elses child, the new school run, playschool run AND being sick all the time PLUS i wasnt earning much so it was a tough decision but i threw in the towel with plans to pick up again at a later date.

it has to be YOUR choice because you are the one that has to get through the day.

are you giving that child your all or are you too exhausted?

it is OK to admit that you are too tired you know, none of us are super heroes!

give yourself a break hun and good luck x

The Juggler
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
How about this?

Do absolutely everything you can to help the child settle, put yourself in their shoes, how do they feel about mum leaving them everyday? what can you do to make them feel happy and secure? what do they like to do / play with? What does mum think will help them settle? do they have a comfort object that will help? Put your heart and soul into doing everything you can to help them settle but set a deadline. Say in a month or 3 months or whatever works for you if there is been no change and you feel that you have really done everything you can then you call it a day and give notice.

That way there is light at the end of the tunnel - either things WILL get better or you WILL give notice.

Don't know if that helps at all - but keep your chin up.

:thumbsup: great advice, exactly what I'd have said. hugs honey x

munch149
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm actually looking after 3 and feel that all my energy is going into this one so the others are missing out a bit. One goes to nursery for mornings soon so will get a bit easier so think I will hold out til then anyway. Think I'm also thinking I'm going to have to lose one eventually anyway but money wise the part timer would make more sense but as she's older shes more independent Which I like. The other two are both one, new one not walking so alot of lifting too and i have her older sibling too so now have to get used to school runs. Just weighing up the money over my sanity lol

munch149
12-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh and it's my first so it's all new to me x