PDA

View Full Version : CRB taking so long...

sillybeans
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
My CRB begun stage 4 on the 3rd August (40 days ago now). I was told that their 60 days began then.

Is there a way I can chase just to make sure it's not been over looked and that they are definately processing it?

I have been tracking it online and all it says is 'in Progress' - there's been no change.

I'm so desperate to get started and this is all that is left before I get my registration certificate.

I already have 2 mindee's ready to come to me and the parents are being very patient but the thought that I could actually being earning money right now is beyond frustrating :panic:

sarah707
12-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Stage 4 means it is sitting on a policeman's desk with a pile of others waiting to be processed.

I am afraid these things can take a long time and it can be very frustrating... however until the 60 days are up Ofsted won't do anything.

I hope it hurries for you! :D

anita howarth
12-09-2011, 08:13 AM
i need my CRB up dating can you tell me where or how i go about this and how much i should be paying :panic: paying

xgemx
12-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Im the same as its been on stage 4 since 1st august and i have chased it a couple of times by phone but its no good they told me i still got so many days left before the target date so nothing i can do till then

Hopes your hurrys up so frustrating when thats all your waiting for

Carrie1983
12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I am in the same boat. Everything else is sorted now and just waiting for the crb before they will send my certificate. :( I have been waiting the same length of time. My last crb in July, took 10 weeks!

sillybeans
16-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I thought I would just let you know that my husbands CRB arrived on Wednesday and my step daughters arrived today! Hopefully mine will arrive early next week.

My sister sent her's off 3 weeks after mine (for an unrelated job) and her's came back yesterday - ***'s law

Hope all of you others who were waiting have them back now!
:)

angeldelight
20-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Hope yours has arrived now ?

Angel xx

sillybeans
20-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi Angel

Still no sign of mine :mad:

My parents are being very understanding but my bank not so much :rolleyes:

Will keep you posted :)

sarah707
20-09-2011, 05:28 PM
i need my CRB up dating can you tell me where or how i go about this and how much i should be paying :panic: paying

Ofsted do not normally update CRB checks unless there is a reason to do so such as if you start working in a new place.

In Wales childminders have to update CRBs every 3 years... just not in England.

Hth :D