PDA

View Full Version : Little ample chest swelling - Halo shining ...

Heaven Scent
10-05-2008, 02:24 PM
....... and head getting bigger.

Got my report on Thursday and its reads really well. I've shown it to one of my first parents and she says its very true - don't feel much like showing it to the others who penny pinch but I have the children more often - 2 full time and 2 4 days some are after school and attend nursery etc but they are my main breadwinners and because they won't comply with wishes like sending in photos so I can make all about me books with the children - delay in sending sun cream, hats etc and bring the children at the earliest possible time - waiting on my drive from 7.20 and collecting at the last moment even when they have time off - Dad did it again last Fri - I churn up inside when they arrive in their casual clothes just so they get the last drop of blood out of me I charge them £225 for 2 children full time 10 hours 5 days per week including early morning start and all meals trips out and little treats when out so am gutted with their attitude - so don't believe that my report will be good enough for them and the other set of parents are sly in my opinion and the children have been to 4 childminders in the town and the oldest is 5 and they have all told me that mum is a terrible liar and I've cought her out and dad too. I need the money and they pay so I don't pass any remarks but when I showed her my portfolio she took it and put it to one side and told me she wasn't really interested - whats more she speaks in a pretend high pitched voice which she puts on especially for my benefit tao show what a lovely mummy she is - I've heard her real voice when she lets the guard down so no interest in showing it to her either.

On the plus side my future assistant and my husband have said how good it is and if my husband says its good then it must be because he rarely gives me praise or he would say 'very good that pet' which means he's not interested and is just saying it to keep me quiet. But he said it was really good - I think he wasn't expecting to think that as he sounded both surprised and pleased so I consider that to be really great praise. I'm pleased as it was teally quite personal to me which made it quite special as I have read a lot of reports written by this particular inspector and they all read very similar infact I didn't see how she made the distinction in her overall judgments between satisfactory, good and outstanding so whole thing made me feel very pleased - I know she gave someone on here an outstanding but I haven't actually read you report so please don't feel I'm including you in this - its just an observation I made when trying to work out what she was looking for in making her judgments and I couldn't make it out - I did look long before I joined the forum and had done it based on this particular area.

Anyway as Disney said about hers - I'd be really happy to send my child to that childminder. So am as happy as you Disney.

Her recommendation is a bit of a contradiction to something she said in the report - she should have used my suggestion in her wording. OOOPS I think my head is getting tooo big now and I'm losing the run of myself.

I must say she did leave out quite a few of my better qualities that she did actually see and mentioned stuff that she didn't see e.g she never watched me changing the babies nappies she just based it on what she heard me saying from the DS loo. I kind of gave a running commentary on what I was doing as I brought all 3 children with me and the older one went to the loo so I said things like don't for get to wash your hands and I need to put my gloves on and I need to wash my hands etc etc etc. I could have been doing anything in there but I was doing what I was saying as she could have come in at any time. There were one or two other things like that.

Anyway hopefully I won't have to go through it for ages again despite the rumours about chenges when EYFS comes into place. So am well pleased with it and the only way now is up.

mrsbumbles
10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Well done Celine :clapping:

Blaze
10-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Congratulatons!:clapping: :jump for joy:

miffy
10-05-2008, 02:57 PM
It's good you're pleased with your report and that others think so too

miffy xx

sarah707
10-05-2008, 04:31 PM
You chest swell all you like... you should be very proud! :clapping:

Splish Splosh
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
congratulations:clapping:

nell57
10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
You've every right to feel proud because of all the hard work you do

well done:clapping:

Helen

katickles
10-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Well done, thats great.

Just to let you know - i asked at my inspection when i'd next be inspected because of the EYFS & was told that it wouldn't be until 3 years as normal, so enjoy the relief! :)

miss muffit
10-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Congratulations and well done :clapping: :clapping:

Heaven Scent
10-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I think all this spot check business is just a rumour due to a misunderstanding I think I'll get my support childminder to ask about it when I see her at the minding group on Tues. That can be a little project for her while I'm away on holiday.

sarah707
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
A lot of the timing for when you are re-inspected will be down to how you complete your Self Evaluation Form after September from what I can gather... a well completed SEF will say that you are happily trundling along and they do not need to prioritise you... a SEF with big gaps will ring alarm bells...

I'm not sure anyone knows for sure what's happening yet though.. wait and see game :D

emler
10-05-2008, 06:47 PM
:clapping: Well done Celine :clapping:

Emler x

breezy
10-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Well done :clapping: