PDA

View Full Version : Head lice aarrgghh!!

smurfette
11-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Ugh just found head lice in my daughters hair and think I may have them too . What Is procedure for telling parents?!

miffy
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I've started itching just reading that! :laughing:

Either send parents a letter or tell them individually - ask them to check and treat if necessary.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
11-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I would just give them a note saying you have found them in your setting and recommend all parents treat their children with conditioner and a nitty comb to check they haven't got them. Perhaps suggest if they find any to check at the chemist the best treatment to follow.

I actually recommend this to parents as a weekly activity once they start school. I did it with my two and we never had nits. I stopped when they went to High School and they both got nits :eek:

smurfette
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys uugghh!!! Went to the chemist and got derbac m-- Do I need treat everyone else in family or just use the comb to see? My mindees are all under 2, one is a boy with not really any hair worth talking about yet and the other two have only a small bit of hair so hopefully they will be ok!

Monkey1
11-09-2011, 02:59 PM
i had a mindee with nits for 6 months. i had spoken to mum over and over again, poor child was riddled with them. i ended up calling the health visitor, still no good and she blew up the last time i said she needed to do something about it and never returned! needless to say this has been a nit free setting ever since!:D

smurfette
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Also would a rash on her neck and swollen glands behind her ears be normal!? We both have that and thought at first we were itchy cos of a change in fabric conditioner ... We have very sensitive skin

lfishwick
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Just wanted to say my virtually bald 9 month old mindee had headlice of her sister - so I would make sure that even babies are checked.