PDA

View Full Version : oh dear bit akward...

lulubelle
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
my mindees dad has asked me to go to the mums 'suprise' birthday party (didnt really wanna go as will only know them etc) but anyway mum has now asked me to babysit as she knows dad is planning something! what would u do?

boxtree7
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Either ... probaly babysit but it might be a late night. I don't accept the invitations -

Pipsqueak
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
solution is simples - you don't want to go... therefore babysit - earn some money whilst doing the perfect excuse!!! lol

if you don't want to do either - funnily enough your hubby/sister/mother/best friend/colleague has arrange a surprise meal out for you/sibling/etc

PixiePetal
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
solution is simples - you don't want to go... therefore babysit - earn some money whilst doing the perfect excuse!!! lol

if you don't want to do either - funnily enough your hubby/sister/mother/best friend/colleague has arrange a surprise meal out for you/sibling/etc

:thumbsup: that's what I would do

Fraggle1
10-09-2011, 10:54 PM
I'd babysit :) x

munch149
11-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Are the children really supposed to be going to he surprise party. I would mentioned to dad that mum has asked you to do this cos it may not be what he wants and he may want the children there.

marleymoo
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
errr, simples. no and no.

Penny1959
11-09-2011, 03:50 PM
If want to babysit
I would say to the dad that the mum knows he is planning something and has asked about you babysitting.

If Dad is thinking the children will be at the party I would say that you will go for first 30 mins / hour then take children home to bed - and leave it to Dad to cover his track with mum/ speak to her about babysitting.

If Dad not thought about children say - not a problem and say to both that you will babysit.

If don't want to babysit - of course you will be busy on the night of party

Penny :)

lulubelle
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
mum asked me again about babysitting so i said i would do it, gonna have a quite word with dad when i see him tho, dont thinks boys are going as its in a posh resturant in town so sure its just adults!