PDA

View Full Version : Look at this reference - am so pleased

Helcatt
10-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Am not pleased that the little lad has left as he is adorable, but his mum emailed this reference over to go in to my file

When I was initially looking into childcare, I had presumed that Nursery is the best place to be, but that is not the case at all. G****** has been with Helen for several month now and has hugely benefited from the home from home environment. Helen took great care in getting G****** settled in and was very attentive to all his needs. I had thought that him being vegetarian may be a slight problem, but having seen the wide variety of healthy dishes given out, it was obvious that there wasn't one. G****** has always come home looking like he has thoroughly enjoyed his day, and some days hasn't even wanted to come home at all! Each day there was a wide range of activities that Helen undertook from painting to building train tracks to daily outings to Kew Gardens or the O2 Arena which I believe G****** appreciated as did I. Helen takes great care making sure the parents are all kept up to date on what their child has done each day by having an online interactive webpage which gives you a step by step guide from what they ate to the pictures of activities undertaken. The fact that this is done in her own time says an awful lot. I found Helen very helpful when my hours at work were altered, and always kept me up to date through texts of what was going on. I believe having other children of different ages has helped G****** with his speech and development and he has really bonded well with them all. Helen has managed to produce a wonderful homely environment, which not only has stacks full of activities, but also warmth and lots of dedication to childminding.

My only comment would be "if I'm so good, why is he going in to nursery full-time instead of increasing his hours with me! ;)

christine e
10-09-2011, 01:55 PM
It is a very nice reference but as you say why oh why move him!

Christine

rickysmiths
10-09-2011, 02:12 PM
That is lovely but yes why move him?

I had a parent exactly the same a couple of months ago who did exactly the same.

I have one who is reducing from 4 to 3 days so a 13 mth old ( have cared for him since last Nov) can go to the local day nursery. I have talked to her at length about it and all she says is it is lovely and they track is development!! What does she think my LJ is??? The Inspector praised me to the hilt last week during my inspection over my LJs said she had rarely seen better. The inspector couldn't understand the reasoning for one so little and who was so happy her. The parents are happy with me I travelled from London to Devon to care for mindee during their wedding and we have just had him overnight, ds and dd babysitting, so they could go to a wedding party last night! There is no accounting for parents is there?

The Juggler
10-09-2011, 02:49 PM
aww lovely refernece hon. what a shame she moved him :(

Bananabrain
10-09-2011, 03:03 PM
GO HELEN! That's a really lovely reference, well done you.
Parents are still under the misguided impression that nursery is better. Fools!!
I wouldn't put my child in a nursery if my life depended on it.

marleymoo
10-09-2011, 03:05 PM
nursery must be cheaper, only feasible explanation

AliceK
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
That's a super reference, well done you.

I bet mum will have a shock at the difference in care at nursery. He won't get half as much dedication there as you have clearly given to him and his family :(

xxxx

rickysmiths
10-09-2011, 08:41 PM
nursery must be cheaper, only feasible explanation

Not in the case of my parents. Both the nurseries are more expensive.

guest3
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=rickysmiths;981617]That is lovely but yes why move him?

I had a parent exactly the same a couple of months ago who did exactly the same.

I too have had the self same thing happen to me! I got a really lovely reference but they still took the toddler away and put him in nursery despite him being very slow with his development and very challenging.
I just feel dissappointed after all the extra effort I put in to bring him on :(

FussyElmo
11-09-2011, 07:32 AM
People believe that nurseries have more of a social aspect to them - also funding when they get to 3 is a major fact if you dont offer.

Unfortunetly you cant do anything about it :(

Its a lovely reference wonder if the nursery will get such a glowing one :rolleyes:

miffy
11-09-2011, 07:59 AM
It's a lovely reference and you don't need to tell any prospective parents he was leaving to go to nursery!

Miffy xx

Helcatt
12-09-2011, 07:13 PM
It's a lovely reference and you don't need to tell any prospective parents he was leaving to go to nursery!

Miffy xx

That's true!

And its not about finances either. The nursery he is going to is £85 a day. But she is very keen on him going to the Montessori and even though there are some aspects that are similar, I am not a Montessori teacher

I think that may be added to my website!

Hx

xgemx
12-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Thats really good but a you say a shame he isnt staying with you

funemnx
12-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh my goodness, after all that, he's not staying more! I recently became accredited and unfortunately I think my 3 year olds will go the same way - nursery and playschool are embedded in our culture as being the way to go, when it's not always the case now with us childminders offering so much more for less!!

All the hard work - such a shame x