PDA

View Full Version : New Safeguarding Guidance come through sept 11

clorogue
09-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Just wondered whether anyone had received the new guidance and whether they have had a chance to look through it. I have glanced over it and will read it thoroughly but wonder whether there were any important changes. Just in case I miss anything!

Many thanks

miss mopple
09-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Not received anything yet but am on an advanced safeguarding course tomorrow as there have been changes to the course content so I need to renew before my inspection next year

clorogue
09-09-2011, 09:50 PM
They have just sent the document out to us by electronic mail out.

sarah707
10-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Is this a local document or something national? :D

Carol M
10-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I think it's due to the old gov's idea for Vetting and Barring that the new gov put on hold. Googled it and it also says there will be changes made to the way accusations to staff procedures are to be handled.
I haven't had any info from our LA but it says not nec to change policy yet.
Carol xx

PixiePetal
10-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Our LA have said we all have to do level 1 and 2 - new guidelines. Then a refresher every 2 years. All CM and nurseries etc have to do it, I thought it was just our LA but maybe there is more to it?

I didn't see any document, just had email saying we needed to do it. I was going to do virtual college one, but this was £20 for the 2. They did say they would be looking into online courses in the future as with the cut backs, some courses were suitable for online and people are asking for them (and therefore less for them to do! :rolleyes: )

boxtree7
10-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Training for childminders - A half day safeguarding up to date course (this use to be a day and a half) £20.00 - there is a one day basic safeguarding course for new childminders you must complete this first then the following years you do the half day. This is the guidelines set out by Liverpool Early Years.

marleymoo
10-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Is this a local document or something national? :D

i believe it's national. it was mentioned in a CYPNow bulletin a month or two ago