PDA

View Full Version : accident book were to buy?

selena 31
09-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi there i have the ncma accident record folder but you don't get many slips in there i have almost used them as i do record every little bump and knock .
I was woundering if anybody knew were to buy a good accident book for childminding one that you tear off for parents copy etc?

ncma a bit expensive for how many you get! can you make one yourself is this acceptable with ofsted?

Maria Pia
09-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't know about other A&M books I am afraid, but I am sure there are some out there. I still use the NCMA book that I was originally given when I started 2 years ago and I buy refills for just the bits that I run out through their online shop.

Maria x

Babycat
09-09-2011, 09:48 PM
You can get them on ebay and amazon too.

miffy
10-09-2011, 07:37 AM
can you make one yourself is this acceptable with ofsted?

I make my own sheets - have been doing for a few years now - the Ofsted inspectors who've seen it have never commented on it.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I make my own too, never had a problem. x

boxtree7
10-09-2011, 09:00 AM
do you just include the same details as NCMA -

rickysmiths
10-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I have always used the NCMA book and now folder and buy refills. If you are insured with NCMA you need to check if you would be covered if there was a claim if you are not using their paperwork.

I know the paperwork may seem expensive but in terms of the income the child brings in I don't think it is that expensive. If you do them yourself you have to buy the paper, ink and spend the time copying it anyway.

Yes I record every bump and graze. I remember being so pround at my first Ofsted Inspection back in 2001. I had no accidents in my book for that year. The Inspector told me off!! She said she didn't believe that with the age group I was caring for none of them had ever fallen over and bumped or grazed something! She said I should record everything.

I find that it doesn't produce much except with the odd child who you seem to get who is always bumping themselves one way or another and do when they are with their parents.

My sister was like this. The local A & E nurses used to greet her by name :laughing: Her son was the same and she was terrified each time they had to go to A & E with him for fear they would be put on a list! She used to go into her neighbour first and ask her if she should take him to hospital and my sister is a nurse :laughing:

Kiddleywinks
11-09-2011, 09:23 AM
pmsl @ rickysmiths

I had a season ticket for the local infirmary I was there that often

Doctor once told me that he could tell what stage of development kids were at by the amount and location of the bruises, I was totally paranoid when my youngest was little, and even now, his legs are ALWAYS covered and he rarely remembers where he got it from :rolleyes:

With regard to the question, check insurance co will cover for home made ones and if so, what about using a small duplicate book - approx £1 from Wilkinsons :thumbsup: