PDA

View Full Version : receipt for deposit

Jinx
10-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I've got a couple coming at 11am to sign contracts. They have already agreed to pay a deposit (he doesn't start til Sept.)

I obviously need to give them a receipt for this money but need some help wording it correctly. Anyone got any ideas/a link to something etc!!!!

Only had half a bottle of wine last night and I've woken with a thick, fuzzy head and can't get my brain to work!!!!

Thanks

Jinx x

sarah707
10-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Your address

Their address

Date

To confirm I have received a deposit of / up-front payment of / retainer of ..... amount

From ... their names

As payment to hold a place open for ... child's name and date of birth

until ... start date.

This money will be refunded ... and how you intend to give it back eg first month / first week etc. // or this money is non-refundable.

signed and dated by all parties...

You -

Parent 1 -

Parent 2 -

Give them a copy and keep one for your records.

Hope this helps :D

mrsb
10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
lol, not the best day to have a fuzzy head lol

I would put along the lines of this:

10/05/2008 received from (name) with thanks (£amount) as deposit for (childs name) starting on (date)

Keep it simple and factual ;)

mrsb
10-05-2008, 08:37 AM
scrap mine, sarah's is way better lmao:blush: :laughing:

Jinx
10-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys....:thumbsup:

I've just had a cup of tea and a shower and head clearing a bit now.

Flipping hubby ******** off to play golf at 8.20 this morning and has left the kitchen in a right state!!!! GGRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm going to get typing.....I'll have to log off here or else 11am will arrive and I'll still be sitting on the bed with a towel on my head!

Jinx x

Heaven Scent
10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Some very good advice there - there is also a section on the NCMA contract to receord receipt of this payment and it also states wheteher or not it is refundable - If refundable I make it come off the final payment on condition proper notice is given but would keep it if no notice is given or payment is not made. Its a sort of guarantee of receiving some payment. I must admit I also do charge in advance to cover me for such an eventuality also. We need to have all sorts of strategies in place to try to protect us and our families from non payment. I have received some very good advice from my ICP course and have just followed what they said.

I usually give a small receipat from a duplicate book and then together with what is in the contract both the parents and myself are covered.

miffy
10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Did they come and sign Jinx?

miffy xx

Jinx
11-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Did they come and sign Jinx?

miffy xx

Yes they did!! Whooppyyyyyy. Paid a deposit too, 2 weeks fees up front. Its for a 40 hr week too!
I'm sure some of you would have asked for a month up front, but I like being paid every 2 weeks and was happy with that. :)
They were a really lovely couple. Dad was fit!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: Whoops :blush: :blush:

Gosh its going to be hard work with 3 under 2 for 3 afternoons a week!:eek:
But I am really pleased. Have a really good feeling about these people. Maybe its because the mum is an accountant, like my dad!:laughing:

Jinx

miffy
11-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Well done - that's great news

It will be hard work for a bit but it will get easier too as they get older and play together

Pleased you're feeling positive about it (not too positive where the dad's concerned :laughing: ) and hope it all works out for you

miffy xx

sarah707
11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Great news! :clapping:

Spangles
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Well done Jinx! It's lovely when you get a new child start and you get that really positive feeling! First impressions are usually right I always think!

Heaven Scent
11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
So pleased they signed up I just charge about £25.00 per child for a deposit as I don't fancy being out of pocket too much in the week they leave, you never know whats around the corner. If I hold a place open or if its for occasional care I don't make it refundable. I think I only have 3 to refund and they are all reasonably small so they don't worry me I only do it because I feel that if parents part with money they won't mess me around at the beginning once they sign the contract. This may change in time especially with regard to the retainer I felt a bit of a fraud charging it when I'd only just set up but will probably charge it if I end up losing income that I become depandant on.

These things are all so difficult when we start out and don't have a big client base or any references from past parents. Also we are naieve when it comes to the financial side and the fact that some parents will try to treat us like their employees and also try to pull fast ones with us while other parents will be absolutely fantastically supportive and respect what we do for their children which is why we will try to bend over backwards to facilitate them and turn a blind eye to the odd early arrival and late collection because they will ring and apologise and let us know what is happening.