PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

linzi133
09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I had a mum sign contracts last week (no deposit...just planned on paying in advance) due to start in a weeks time. She was a student and I signed all her forms for childcare.
I've had an email today apologising but her student finance had fallen thru (she was going to do some post grd course)and due to this was not starting uni. She was really sorry but wasn't going to need my services. She was aware that we had signed a contract and that she was supposed to give 4 weeks notice.....and to let her know if I require a months fees. And she would call by.

Now I do believe this mum and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Do I charge her the cancellation of her contract even though she had not started. She does not work and she did have a place reserved for her younger t sure start (I couldn't fit both children in)

So what would you do? If it helps it was only for £30 per week...which to be honest wouldnt break the bank but since this is the second time this has happened with the last month.

Help.....what would you do in this situation?

buzzy bee
09-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I always do a 4 week settling period with no notice for the first 4 weeks... I have been caught out by this in the past and I've just written it off.

It is rubbish though, I do feel for you. Sometimes I just think the stress it causes isn't worth the money...

Good luck whatever you decide!

sarah707
09-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd say it doesn't matter and keep the goodwill. She might start next year and be able to use you then or recommend you to someone else - you never know.

Good luck with it all :D

linzi133
09-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys..... It really doesn't feel right to make her pay for something she's never going to use. Oh well....another one bites the dust!