PDA

View Full Version : Contract question for single Mum

clorogue
09-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I am probably starting with a single mum claiming tax credits. On the contract I have always put both parents names for responsibility for payment, (Dad has access to the child) but i guess I would only put her in this situation? I was always told to put both parents, in case one didn't pay, the other should?

Also as the contract would be with her do I also ask Dad to sign as well as he will be collecting sometimes (although he lives in another county). In the contracts is a clause also about legal contact which I would fill in.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

babs
09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
I've got 3 single mums my contract is with them only dad is down for parent responsibly and emergency contact if other contacts can't be reached as i have no dealings with them.

claire2211
09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I once had to take a family to court. On this occassion both parents were together but only the mum had signed the contract. I therefore took only mum to court. My solicitor said that this was good as if dad had signed I would have to take both of them to court.

So I would advise stick to the mum!

Mollymop
09-09-2011, 01:37 PM
You still need to put the Father's name down on the parental responsibility bit of the contract but he does not need to sign. xx

clorogue
09-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I am actually starting with her now - thank you so much for all your input, I really appreciate it.

have a lovely weekend!
x