PDA

View Full Version : Child Protection Foundation Stage

loobyloo168
09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I did my basic child protection when i registered in 2008. Is it mandatory by OFSTED to re do the course every 3 years or to just keep up to date with whats new ? We get all updates form the local safeguarding board via email (to save paper and printing costs for council), which i always read and print out to put i my folder. Is this classed as keeping up to date ?

I find it really hard to attend their training sessions as my OH works shifts and an i have 5 year old of my own to look after, as well as minding til 9pm.

Is there an online course i can do ?

Cheers ..... again ! x

Beetlejuice
09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't think it's a requirement but I think it's good practice. I believe the virtual college does online safeguarding courses but not 100% sure - I do a number of their courses online because it's hard to commit to giving up weekends to train.

loobyloo168
09-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't think it's a requirement but I think it's good practice. I believe the virtual college does online safeguarding courses but not 100% sure - I do a number of their courses online because it's hard to commit to giving up weekends to train.

I really struggle to attend training but do as much as i can to keep up to date with everything, but my EYT dont seem to care !

Thank You x

loobyloo168
09-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I really struggle to attend training but do as much as i can to keep up to date with everything, but my EYT dont seem to care !

Thank You x

Awww Yeah just found it ! £30+ vat ! Thank you xx

Beetlejuice
09-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I think there's a 10% off code for forum users somewhere - do a search on the forum for virtual college. Sorry I can't remember where I found it!

sarah c
10-09-2011, 01:38 PM
ive just done one on ncma online which is good its £36 non members and £31 for members
x

sarah707
10-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I regularly do online courses to show I am keeping up to date ... my inspector was happy with that :D

marleymoo
10-09-2011, 04:05 PM
our LA still provide free safeguarding training and we're recommended to do it annually