PDA

View Full Version : struggling!!

lyla's mum
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Mindee has been coming to me full time since january, 8am to 6pm. he turned 3 in feb and although he was a little quiet at first he sooned settled in well and has a really good relationship with my daughter who is 2 and a half. he can be very strong willed at times, as with all children :) . over the last 6 months there have been lots of changes at home, both parents being made redundant and dad is still looking for work although mum is now working longer hours than before. his older brother has just gone back to school into year 3, and he has a really strong relationship with him too.
since last friday every day that he has come he has cried. not when mum has left/picked up, but constantly throughout the day. he doest want to play, doesnt want to join in with activities, doesnt want to play out, just wants to sit in the corner and cry. he wont tell me what the matter is, i have tried everything. the only times he isnt crying is when the tv is on, and as soon as i turn it off it starts again. if we go out (soft play/groups etc) he is fine, but we get home and it starts again. i'm starting to dread being in the house with him as its starting to disrupt my other mindees and daughter too now. i have chatted with mum about it and she just seems to brush it off as nothing but i really dont know what to do!!! :huh:

Tippy Toes
09-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I had a little one like this, except child had been coming to mine for approx 18 months before it started and loved coming here!.

Little one had just turned two, and would cry the whole time she was here. It was really upseting for everyone. She used to love coming over to my house and playing, doing activities. :( I really dont know what happened.

It started soon after she started potty training.

I have no advise sorry, good luck hope things get better and someone has some advise for you :)

lyla's mum
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
thank you for your reply, i wish i could put my finger on what the issue is!

sarah707
09-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Does the little one have a comfort blanket or other cuddly at home that is being taken off him in the car?

Do you think something to carry around / smell / touch would help? How about a taggie that he could stroke?

Good luck with it all x

lyla's mum
09-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Does the little one have a comfort blanket or other cuddly at home that is being taken off him in the car?

Do you think something to carry around / smell / touch would help? How about a taggie that he could stroke?

Good luck with it all x

His DS! he is allowed it before he comes in the morning but has always left it in the car, but i think mum is having problems keeping him off it at home too at the moment. he does sometimes bring a bear with him, i think i may suggest that to mum next week that he brings him each day and see how we get on, thank you x

Boris
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I have a little boy who's the same! Its so frustrating isn't it. I posted on here about him a while ago. Somedays he is ok but others he's awful. I had one day where he sat at the table for about 5 hours refusing to join in, just crying and not telling me what was wrong. I feel guilty letting him watch tv but that's the only thing that makes him happy. So sad! No advice for you hun, just hugs! xxx

lyla's mum
12-09-2011, 07:21 AM
I have a little boy who's the same! Its so frustrating isn't it. I posted on here about him a while ago. Somedays he is ok but others he's awful. I had one day where he sat at the table for about 5 hours refusing to join in, just crying and not telling me what was wrong. I feel guilty letting him watch tv but that's the only thing that makes him happy. So sad! No advice for you hun, just hugs! xxx

thank you for the hugs, am just waiting for him to arrive now and hoping we are in for a better week!xx