PDA

View Full Version : Any other essentials?

Becci26
08-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Howdy,

I am just trying to get everything up to scratch before applying to Ofsted which I would like to get sent off by the weekend. So, I have been beavering away at my RA's and policies, could you just make sure I haven't forgotten any biggies please:

Accident and incident
admissions
alcohol and drugs
behaviour
child protection
collection
equal opps
evacuation
health and safety
healthy eating
hygiene
illness
late payment
lost child
medicine
observations
parents in partnership
pets
physical contact
potty training
unexpected closure

have done RA's for home/ garden/ school run/ park

Thanks in advance

leopardlady
09-09-2011, 03:24 AM
OMG Becci I have just started training and your list has scared me to death!!! I will be coming to you for help shortly I think. Are all these documents you have to prepare for your ofsted visit?

The Juggler
09-09-2011, 06:03 AM
wow you have lots! the only one I'd expect to see which I can't is Learning and Development (about what you offer at the setting).

Also I see you have a late payment policy, why not have a fees policy to cover everything to do with payments? Just a thought.

Just to ask as well, does your collection policy cover late collections?

looks good though :thumbsup:

miffy
09-09-2011, 06:25 AM
You must have a complaints policy too

Miffy xx

Becci26
09-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Thankyou! I will get one sorted for learning and development, and change my late payment one into a general fees one.

Yes my collection policy covers late collection, how much i will charge and what I will do if I cannot get hold of parents.

Becci26
09-09-2011, 06:28 AM

Miffy xx

Thanks Miffy, here was me thinking I'd covered everything lol, that'll teach me to be working into the small hours!

miffy
09-09-2011, 06:42 AM
In the free resources section at the top of the forum in free downloads bit there is an ofsted factsheet "Requirements for written documents for childminders" which you might find helpful

Miffy xx

leopardlady
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi Miffy thanks but I can't seem to find this - is it because I am a new member?

Becci26
10-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks Miffy have had a good look through that now.

LeopardLady, you need to have posted 4 plus times to access the members bit (I think)

The Juggler
10-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Miffy xx

whoops :blush: missed that one Miffy - good job you were on the ball!

leopardlady
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM

LeopardLady, you need to have posted 4 plus times to access the members bit (I think)

Ah, thanks for that Becci. Will have to post a few more questions.

Pauline
10-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Becci and LeopardLady, you don't need to even be a member to access the free resources which Miffy mentions, they are in the links at the very top of the Forum. :thumbsup: