PDA

View Full Version : My first day of 3 mindees under 2!

keeks
08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I was dreading this day, three under twos, but I am happy to say it all worked out very well.

Double buggy + baby in sling to play group, sleep times worked out, lunch was actually rather nice!!!:thumbsup:

Baby's mum said we should practice putting him in the sling on my back as it is much easier to carry him then, especially with the buggy. I am confident putting him on my front, but it feels like a very scary thing to put him on my back as I would have to hold him with one hand whilst getting the sling up on my shoulders. Advice, anyone?

Now the real challenge will come when I am supposed to do a school pick up on a Thursday at 3 pm. :eek: I think mum is going to have to get a friend to drop at mine (only round the corner of the school) due to me not wanting to wake up sleepers. She said that would be ok if it turns out to be too difficult.

xx

time_4_change
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Well done ... it's nice to hear that it went well :clapping:

I haven't started minding yet and have to admit that the thought of 3 under 3 is scary :laughing: My son who is 14 month is a handful at the moment too :rolleyes:

How was it at the play group?

Sling: I have no experience of these but just do what feels best for you

x

Chimps Childminding
09-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Glad it went well!! I have 3 under 2 one day a week, and I must admit I am finding it hard, I'm so glad its only 1 day a week. I have 1 x 22 months and 2 x 9 months, one of whom is a cling on/screamer. All need cuddling to get them to sleep and 2 need feeding, plus one of them has a food allergy so have to be very careful!! :panic:

Thankfully I have my co-minder next door so that helps a lot!!! BUT boy am I tired by the end of the day!!! :eek:

amanda1309
09-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I have 3 under 2 yrs 2 days a week and I'm finding it ok aswell. Don't know if I could do it full time:blush:

They are long days but we have loads of fun.

Yesterday I managed to get all 3 of them asleep at the same time. They are all down now so hopefully it wasn't a fluke.:laughing:

babs
09-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Im just about to start 3 under 2s next week for one day 2 19months one 12 weeks. hubby just brought me triple buggy as don't think id feel safe carrying lo on school run with 2 5 yr olds. also 3 days ill have 2 1/2 yr old and 2 19 month olds.

Beetlejuice
09-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Im just about to start 3 under 2s next week for one day 2 19months one 12 weeks. hubby just brought me triple buggy as don't think id feel safe carrying lo on school run with 2 5 yr olds. also 3 days ill have 2 1/2 yr old and 2 19 month olds.

I used to have 3 under 2 and I had a triple - best thing I ever bought as, although it was heavy to push, it was a lifesaver. If I had to take the children to school when they were napping they happily lay back in the buggy and continued their nap!

Penny1959
09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Glad your day went well

I have 4 under 20m on Monday, 3 under 20m + 1 just 2 on Tuesday and 3 under 20m and a 2.4 yr old on the other days (so 4 every day) .........and on Next Monday I start a new school one :panic:

We have been practicing walking on reins and taking turns in the double buggy but ...... can't help thinking I might end up using the car more than I want to :blush:

Hope your school run goes ok

Penny :)

lyla's mum
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Glad it went well, what sort of sling are you using? i have used slings for my daughter since she was tiny, there are lots of fab youtube vids showing different techniques with different slings to help with getting them up onto your back :)

cockatoos
09-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Are you using an ergo? I used this with my son- it's very easy to get them onto your back and so much better for your back as they get heavier! Practice first sitting on the sofa, put baby on your hip, lean forward and sort of shuffle them round! Then one hand on babies back and put straps on. V easy when you get the hang of it! More difficult with coat on though. Most have a DVD which comes with them.

Amy

miffy
10-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Glad it went well and hope the school pick up works out too.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
10-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Glad it went well.

In a weeks time I will have three under 18 months... I have a triple buggy (ABC Everest) in which all 3 seats lay back flat for naps, but also have a double and a sling (Close Parent) so am unsure which we will be using at the moment.

Good luck with the school runs. x

watgem
10-09-2011, 09:29 AM
glad it went well, I had my first day with 3 under 2 as well, I have woken this morning to find muscles I didn't know I had aching from pushing a triple buggy and baby gear the 2 mile round trip on the school run lol!

keeks
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow, I didn't think there would be so many people minding three babies at once. I'm clearly not the only mad one! :)

The school run seems to have been solved, another mum is going to pick him up and drop him at my house so I will start minding when he gets dropped off.

The sling I think is an Ergo? It's the baby's own sling and they bring it every day. Thanks cockatoos for the tip on how to use it!

Play group was fine, they have all been to the play group before, just not at the same time.

Hope you're all having a nice rest over the weekends so we can face the babies again next week! :D

xx

littletrees
15-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi, I am still in the very early stages of getting myself setup, still need to send off my ofsted reg. forms ... and having moments of 'should I be doing this!!' when I read some of the post here haha!

I potentially will have a 14 month old (my daughter), 13 month old and 6 month old ... but I'm not sure if I'm being crazy taking on 3 littlies, potentially none of whom will be walking or walking confidentally? But I do love the little ones, just thinking of practicalities of getting from A and B or even popping to the loo with 2 crawlers / early walkers and a upsteady sitter! I know in a couple of months it'll be fine as the walkers get steadier and the youngest starts crawling...

Would love to know how you are all finding it / do the practicalities. I plan to use my phil and teds and an ergo carrier, but how about once you get somewhere and need to leave the buggy at the door?

Keeks - have you survived since your last post :laughing: ?

Thanks!

Tealady
15-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi, I am still in the very early stages of getting myself setup, still need to send off my ofsted reg. forms ... and having moments of 'should I be doing this!!' when I read some of the post here haha!

I know! The forum is really useful and lots of lovely people for help and support but once I got registered and was new I had to "retire" for a bit because I was getting stressed out by finding out lots of bits I should or would like to do but at that point wasn't as I was finding my feet. I find it great now though

keeks
15-09-2011, 01:25 PM

I potentially will have a 14 month old (my daughter), 13 month old and 6 month old ... but I'm not sure if I'm being crazy taking on 3 littlies, potentially none of whom will be walking or walking confidentally? But I do love the little ones, just thinking of practicalities of getting from A and B or even popping to the loo with 2 crawlers / early walkers and a upsteady sitter! I know in a couple of months it'll be fine as the walkers get steadier and the youngest starts crawling...

Would love to know how you are all finding it / do the practicalities. I plan to use my phil and teds and an ergo carrier, but how about once you get somewhere and need to leave the buggy at the door?

Keeks - have you survived since your last post :laughing: ?

Thanks!

Hi Littletrees, yes, I've survived! :thumbsup:
Today is my second Thursday with three littlies, and again it's gone suspiciously well. I do what you do, P&T and Ergo carrier. Today when we went to play group I had the youngest two in the buggy and the 21 month old walking. He did so well, holding my hand and toddling on. I brought the Ergo just in case but I never needed it.

I would just suggest to sit down and think about all the situations that can be difficult and then make up a strategy beforehand. If you feel something is going to be too difficult to manage, try to think around it. I did this with the school pick up, another mum is going to pick up Thursday's after schooler and drop him off with me. I wouldn't want to wake up the babies to then try to get them into buggies and carriers in time for the school run.

If you have got a garden perhaps you can limit outings in the first few week?

Good luck with it all!

xx