PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye....

Pandypops
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I had to let my first ever mindee go after only 3 months as he just wasn't settling and spent most days crying/screaming.

His last day was yesterday and (lo and behold) we had a really nice day and he was lovely and happy and smiled all day. Now I just feel terribly guilty that I let him go too early and maybe it would have been alright after some more time and I can't stop thinking about him and I feel like I have really let him down...

Is it normal to feel like this when you let a mindee go for the first time? Does it get easier?

Chimps Childminding
08-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh bless you it must be hard. I have a screamer I have him 2 days a week (started 5 weeks ago) and he is fine as long as he is glued to my hip, but everytime I have to move to see to someone else or heaven forbid go out of the room to get lunch etc he screams the place down. When he does smile his whole face lights up, but the screaming is so tiring and some of the other mindees have started to moan when they realise he is here :(

Like you I am seriously considering how long I can carry on like this, but feel awful having to give notice. Had quite a good day one day last week and I was hoping we had turned a corner, but he was as bad as ever this week :( I just keep hoping that he will get better :rolleyes:

sarah707
09-09-2011, 07:19 AM
3 months is a long time for everyone to manage the stress of a child who is screaming constantly.

Please do not feel guilty. If the child isn't settling then it really is best to be honest about it.

Hugs xx

Mollymop
09-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Don't feel guilty hun it sounds as if you did the right thing xx

JCrakers
09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Youve done well...i managed 8 weeks of 4 day a week screaming ( and I mean screaming...very loud)

Dont feel bad...On the day I said goodbye she was an angel mostly because I was so happy to be saying goodbye and probably less stressed
The constant crying really had an effect on me, im usually very laid back but I was very tense, snapping at hubbie, going to bed at 7pm cos I was pysically and mentally exhausted

Becky x