PDA

View Full Version : omg nearly had a heart attack!

lulubelle
08-09-2011, 12:59 PM
just called ofsted to see if they have recieved my request thing to use my husband as an assistant as i need him to do the occassional school run for me. woman at ofsted said no we havent recieved it yet but an assistant can only be left at home with the children and not go out/do school runs etc

(i have already checked with them 3 times that this would be ok before i paid out for his first aid cert!)

luckily she came back and said sorry you are right this has changed and he can do it as long as we have parental consent! thank god as little one starts this aft (dont need hubby to do school run til end of month as he days etc change as mum is a shift worker and once in a blue moon her day clashes with my pick up at a diff school!)

rickysmiths
08-09-2011, 03:29 PM
He must also have First Aid to be alone with mindees.

Mollymop
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I think Lulubelle means she was worried that she had paid out for his First Aid for no reason because he wasn't able to have the kids Ricky x

I am glad that it is working out for you Lulubelle. I remember that assistants weren't allowed to do the school run etc, didn't realise it had changed so thanks for the info. x

lulubelle
09-09-2011, 06:56 AM
yes i did!

Mamma4Ya
11-09-2011, 06:31 PM
I wonder if that applies in Wales too.